• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Springfield 1911 or Beretta 92?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BRobb19 wrote:
DreQo wrote:
...we should also remember that 55% of all statistics are made-up on the spot. :?

sorry Dre, but that isn't correct.

it's actually 67.4% of all statistics that are made-up on the spot.
Ooh, recursive fun! If we keep doing this, it'll be 99% in no time! :shock:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

marshaul wrote:
BRobb19 wrote:
DreQo wrote:
...we should also remember that 55% of all statistics are made-up on the spot. :?

sorry Dre, but that isn't correct.

it's actually 67.4% of all statistics that are made-up on the spot.
Ooh, recursive fun! If we keep doing this, it'll be 99% in no time! :shock:

I don'tmake up statistics.

100% of the time I steal them from Marshaul. So, statistically, I'm more likely to plagiarize than lie.

Unless you follow Mark Twains three types of lies: Lies, damn lies, and statistics. Then I'm a plagiarizing liar. Which is pretty pitiful. Its really sad when a fella can't make up his own lies and has to plagiarize them.

:)

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I do also have a Taurus PT92 that has the same dimensions as the Berretta. Even though we are the OC warriors, concealability may be a factor you may want to consider. The slim lines of a 1911 make it very suitable for this purpose. The Berretta is much more bulky. The added ammo also means added weight.

BRobb19

NEAR Chapel Hill/Durham, North Carolina, USA
imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
I do also have a Taurus PT92 that has the same dimensions as the Berretta. Even though we are the OC warriors, concealability may be a factor you may want to consider. The slim lines of a 1911 make it very suitable for this purpose. The Berretta is much more bulky. The added ammo also means added weight.

good point. i have indeed thought about that, and the 92 is definitely bulky to be lugging around.

BAH!

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Starfire6 wrote:
What do ya think about the Taurus 1911? :question:
Shoots well, and you get a lot of "extras" for a great price. On the other hand, I think they're ugly with waaaay too much writing on the slide and frame. I'd rather have a RIA Tactical, but they're much harder to come by.