• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sacramento OC Meet up

D53

imported post

Hello all,

So I signed on a week or so ago after finding the site from Calguns. I live in Antelope (Sacramento) and I was interested in meeting up with other members that open carry to maybe get some voice time in. I know for some people, myself included, other then reading info on http://www.californiaopencarry.org/faq.html and reading the flyer http://www.californiaopencarry.org/CaliforniaOpenCarry.pdf and of course reading up on the forum, that sometimes meeting up and actually having a face to face conversation with others that open carry will help educate ourselfs and help new comers fell more comfortable OCing. I saw the pics and the post about the last meet up at the Black Angus on Watt and I am wondering if there is anyone out there willing to meet up again. Pretty much looking for OCers that have been doing it for a while and newbs like myself that would like to get more info before going out and representing the gun owner community. I am thinking of either a Thursday or Saturday night. I should have the actual date up by Tuesday night. If your interested please post up and let us know if your a newb or have been OCing.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome to the boards! I think this is a great idea, and I would love to attend. In fact, I am already planning a meetup for January which may very well be in Sac. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't have one anyhow.

However, there may be two good reasons to wait until January. First, people are just too damn busy and stressed this month. Let people recover from the holidays and their New Year's Eve parties. Second, we should be getting a Nordyke decision from the 9th Circuit very soon. My plan was to make the gathering an 'Incorporation Celebration' and hopefully make it a very large event. Incorporation of the Heller decision also adds a considerable layer of legal protection for us, just in case there's any harrassment by the local LE.

In any case, if you do go forward with an event in December, I will try to make it. For me, it would have to be on Saturday for me to attend.

D53

imported post

Right on, thanks. As for the meeting, I guess I could wait until the January meeting, there would probably be a bigger show up. If anyone will stil like to meet up not OC just to BS about experiances or what not let me know and we can set something up.

prcE6

imported post

Amass meetup or just a few guys hanging out talking guns and politics... I'm in either way.

Hey, congrats again, man!

D53

imported post

PRC-E6 wrote:
Amass meetup or just a few guys hanging out talking guns and politics... I'm in either way.

Hey, congrats again, man!
Right on, thanks again. As soon as he wedding pics come back i will post some of my wife in her dress with my AR. And like i posted if anyone at anytime just wants to meet up and bs about OC or firearms in generaal send me a pm and we can grab lunch.