Thread: Ammunition Shortages

Post imported post

OK, so in as little as two weeks, the price for a box of 9mm has gone up almost $7.00 at Dick's Sporting Goods. (When they have it in stock that is).The guy at the counter tells me as soon as a shipment comes it, 3 to 5 people will pop in and buy what they have on the shelves..their entire stock!! Anyone else running into this issue locally and does anyone have any idea what the heck is going on as to why ammo is in such high demand? Should we start a co-op on the OC forum because at this rate I'm going to end up with guns and no bullets! Anyone know how Wal-mart is holding up on ammo supplies?

Post imported post

I just got back from WalMart. I bought some 9MM ammo and they had plenty left after.

Post imported post

Sweet! Decent price?

Post imported post

$11.xx for a box of 50 of Winchester
    $20.xx for a box of 100 of Winchester
    $14.xx for a box of 50 of hollow points

NEAR Chapel Hill/Durham, North Carolina, USA

Post imported post

the walmart in Mebane, NC sells 9mm Winchester FMJ for about $8.50 for 50 rds, $15 for 100 rds.

thats where i buy mine.

Hollow points are a little bit more, obviously..

Post imported post

Every time I go into a Walmart for the past month or so I look at the ammo even if I am not buying. I only really look at .380 ACP and shotgun shells. So far they have always had .380 in the store and the price has not changed. One of the stores had ran out of 12 gauge shotgun slugs a week ago.

Post imported post

Walmart near me was low (15 boxes) of .40 last time I checked, but has never been out when I needed it.

$12.50 for 50 rounds of Blazer

$15.xx for 50 rounds WWB

$28.xx for 100 rounds WWB

NEAR Chapel Hill/Durham, North Carolina, USA

Post imported post

Caveman93 wrote:
    OK, so in as little as two weeks, the price for a box of 9mm has gone up almost $7.00 at Dick's Sporting Goods. (When they have it in stock that is).The guy at the counter tells me as soon as a shipment comes it, 3 to 5 people will pop in and buy what they have on the shelves..their entire stock!! Anyone else running into this issue locally and does anyone have any idea what the heck is going on as to why ammo is in such high demand? Should we start a co-op on the OC forum because at this rate I'm going to end up with guns and no bullets! Anyone know how Wal-mart is holding up on ammo supplies?
    Are you referring to Dick's off of 15-501?

just wondering thats all..

Post imported post

BRobb19 wrote:
    the walmart in Mebane, NC sells 9mm Winchester FMJ for about $8.50 for 50 rds, $15 for 100 rds.

thats where i buy mine.

Hollow points are a little bit more, obviously..
    That's how much it was here a month or so ago.

Post imported post

Walmart has been clean out of .357, .38's and many other pistol ammunition around my area too.

Post imported post

I think it's just a local fear of scarcity. I just ordered a couple cases of ammo from cheaper than dirt and supplies seems to be about normal.

Post imported post

Mungo wrote:
    I think it's just a local fear of scarcity. I just ordered a couple cases of ammo from cheaper than dirt and supplies seems to be about normal.
    They actually have a lot of ammo that says back ordered. I was on the site yesterday looking at prices.

Post imported post

BRobb19 wrote:
    Caveman93 wrote:
    Are you referring to Dick's off of 15-501?

just wondering thats all..
    Dick's off of 70 in Brier Creek

Post imported post

Actually, just went to Young Guns in Apex. Great store.

500 rounds of Wolf 9mm 115gr FMJ for $95 + tax. Plenty of various rounds in stock.