• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ammunition Shortages

Caveman93

imported post

OK, so in as little as two weeks, the price for a box of 9mm has gone up almost $7.00 at Dick's Sporting Goods. (When they have it in stock that is).The guy at the counter tells me as soon as a shipment comes it, 3 to 5 people will pop in and buy what they have on the shelves..their entire stock!! Anyone else running into this issue locally and does anyone have any idea what the heck is going on as to why ammo is in such high demand? Should we start a co-op on the OC forum because at this rate I'm going to end up with guns and no bullets! Anyone know how Wal-mart is holding up on ammo supplies?

Fireclown

imported post

Every time I go into a Walmart for the past month or so I look at the ammo even if I am not buying. I only really look at .380 ACP and shotgun shells. So far they have always had .380 in the store and the price has not changed. One of the stores had ran out of 12 gauge shotgun slugs a week ago.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

Walmart near me was low (15 boxes) of .40 last time I checked, but has never been out when I needed it.

$12.50 for 50 rounds of Blazer

$15.xx for 50 rounds WWB

$28.xx for 100 rounds WWB

BRobb19

NEAR Chapel Hill/Durham, North Carolina, USA
imported post

Caveman93 wrote:
OK, so in as little as two weeks, the price for a box of 9mm has gone up almost $7.00 at Dick's Sporting Goods. (When they have it in stock that is).The guy at the counter tells me as soon as a shipment comes it, 3 to 5 people will pop in and buy what they have on the shelves..their entire stock!! Anyone else running into this issue locally and does anyone have any idea what the heck is going on as to why ammo is in such high demand? Should we start a co-op on the OC forum because at this rate I'm going to end up with guns and no bullets! Anyone know how Wal-mart is holding up on ammo supplies?

Are you referring to Dick's off of 15-501?

just wondering thats all..

lando250

imported post

Walmart has been clean out of .357, .38's and many other pistol ammunition around my area too.

Mungo

imported post

I think it's just a local fear of scarcity. I just ordered a couple cases of ammo from cheaper than dirt and supplies seems to be about normal.

partemisio

imported post

Mungo wrote:
I think it's just a local fear of scarcity. I just ordered a couple cases of ammo from cheaper than dirt and supplies seems to be about normal.

They actually have a lot of ammo that says back ordered. I was on the site yesterday looking at prices.

Caveman93

imported post

BRobb19 wrote:
Caveman93 wrote:

Are you referring to Dick's off of 15-501?

just wondering thats all..
Dick's off of 70 in Brier Creek

Mungo

imported post

Actually, just went to Young Guns in Apex. Great store.

500 rounds of Wolf 9mm 115gr FMJ for $95 + tax. Plenty of various rounds in stock.