• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Keep hitting this WXAN open carry poll!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://tinyurl.com/69oybk

Campaign shoots to pass
open-carry law
Gun campaign urging state lawmakers
Last Edited: Monday, 01 Dec 2008, 1:00 PM CST
Created On: Monday, 01 Dec 2008, 12:57 PM CST

AUSTIN (KXAN) - With the legislative session set to begin in January, a group of gun advocates is urging state lawmakers to allow Texans to wear handguns in plain view. Supporters of "open-carry" laws have launched the Open-Carry Web site and are asking Texas residents to sign an online petition asking lawmakers to make the state a place where people can openly wear their guns. More than 28,000 people have signed it so far.

The Texas campaign in expected to take off Tuesday with radio commercials in Fort Worth, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and Austin. The advertisement said, "We don't hide our colors, do we?" Advertisements are also being placed on taxis in Austin.

There are currently 44 open-carry states. Texas, New York, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Florida and South Carolina ban wearing handguns in plain view.

[*]Photo
[*]Poll

Open-Carry-Billboard-edit_20081201125503_320_240.JPG

Open-Carry billboard on I-35

Cowboy_Rick

imported post

Just hit it, but the answer is now 95% for, 4% against, not too shabby!:celebrate:celebrate

sarge78

imported post

New Hit!! just found this poll. Its great. Open carry for freedom!!

jarodm20

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

All these polls are showing the overwhelming support of Texas residents for Open Carry. I love this state. It's time for our legislature to do the right thing.