• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

As of right now, Georgia Arms has some ammo

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pearl Habor weekend! I have placed an order with Georgia Arms, and they will be bringing it up on the truck to The Showplace. I'm both saving a bundle on shipping costs and ensuring that I can replenish my cache instead of facing a line of empty ammo cans stretching down three tables.

I will not mention who scarfed up all the .45ap ammo at the last gun show, leaving me the dregs.

They say if you call & place your order before the close of business Thursday you should be able to get what you are looking for - if they have it in stock. I had to settle for 9mm FMJ as I did not want to pay what they were asking for Gold Dot HP, which was what was available in HP.

Do your part to turn around the slumping economy. And remember to stop by the VCDL table and make it look like we are super-busy. Might convince someone who is not yet a member to sign up. Or better yet, drag your non-member friend/neighbor/relative to the show and get them to become a member.

stay safe.

skidmark

apollosmom

imported post

Hampton show Sunday morning....Georgia Arms didn't have a single round of 9mm. But plenty of Cowboy Action rounds and other hunting rounds. Had to get in the long line at the back of the hall and ended up buying the next to last boxes of Winchester white box JHP. Then again, crowds were like none I've ever seen and understand Saturday it was even more crowded. Best of luck and sounds like Skidmark has the right idea by ordering ahead!

doug23838

imported post

I have also contacted Georgia-Arms and asked the to "bring me something" to the Richmond show to save me the shipping. They've always accomodated me, and I always patronize them.

I've also been at the showplace at noon on Sat. and asked "where's the .45 ACP" and they say "sold out"

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Not only am I discovering that by ordering ahead I can save shipping costs.

If you have been looking at the availability of ammo lately, you would have seen that certain calibers and specific loads within those calibers are getting more and more scarce, if they are available at all. On top of that, the only direction prices seem to be going these days is up! For instance, GA has no generic 9mm HP, and their price for Gold Dot is very close to $0.75 per round:exclaim: Since I am wanting 9mm to shoot out of my carbines, FMJ will do quite well.

I'm getting it while the getting is still possible at a price that does not make me have to give up something else I also consider "essential".

See you at the show. I'll be at GA early Saturday AM with my handtruck, and at the VCDL table all afternoon Sunday.

stay safe.

skidmark

nova

imported post

I ordered some "Canned Heat" a week ago along with some Gold Dots, and some generic JHPs. I paid the same price as I did at the July gun show in chantilly. Though they were out of stock on the exact ammo I wanted, I wasn't going to let the difference in bullet type keep me from stocking up while I could. I don't think I've gotten a tracking number from them yet so I assume they're pretty busy with orders there.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

skidmark wrote:
I will not mention who scarfed up all the .45ap ammo at the last gun show, leaving me the dregs.
Ya gotta be quick! :celebrate

Yata hey