• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where was one of us?

Daddyo

imported post

(Engage sarcasm mode)

Couldn't possibly have really happened. Simon Properties doesn't allow guns in its malls. (Sarcasm mode off now)

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I have already been asked not to return to one mall, and from my talking with other OC'ers there are not many that support OC.

Ontario Mills here in Ontario Ca is about 1 hour or so away, but they are ok with OC...so that is where we go.

Better to support a mall that supports us anyway.

Maybe we should consider getting in touch with the companies and winning hearts and minds so that our wives can spend money...

KansasMustang

imported post

Miami-Dade County was the first county in the US to have must issue CC permits wonder what went so wrong that there were no "Sheep Dogs" in the AO that coulda helped.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Emailed to Gary Nelson who wrote the article:

"Mr. Gary Nelson,

You might want to cover the "No guns" policy at mall's such as those owned by Simon Property Group in future unfortunate situations such as this. It seems fairly obvious that the criminal's in this case ignored the policy (as they usually do). The only people prevented by such policies from lawful carry are law abiding citizens who can then no longer defend themselves.

There was also a shooting 2 weeks ago (as you probably already know), at the Southcenter mall in Tukwila, Washington. Another mall that is adamant about it's "No guns" policy, and has "trespassed" multiple citizens for lawful carry in the past. It's obvious that these "policies" are at best ineffective, and at worst allowing crime to happen.

Best regards,"