• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SHOULD WE CHANGE THE DATE & TIME

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

buster81 wrote:
Date??? Perhaps the 15th???

Historically the OC dinner has been at 7 PM on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. After a long period of not being sure if there would even be a regular monthly OC dinner, that date was settled on.

I would like to hear from those that "regularly" attend the OC dinners to see if there is any desire to change the date or time. I'd also like to hear from folks who have previously said that 7 PM on the second Tuesday of each month is not possible that they still find that to be the case.

My personal situation is such that I would be OK with just about any date. I'd prefer to keep things as they are if a majority of the "regulars" felt changing the date was not acceptable, because I truely enjoy their company more than I just want to go out to dinner wearing one of my handguns.

On the other hand, if there are enough folks that find 7 PM onthe second Tuesday of each month not to be a good date & time, and can find another date & timethat will become one they can count on when making up their schedules, then I might easily see my way to adding a second monthly dinner to my personal schedule. That way I can meet with two sets of folks whose company I enjoy. If a second OC dinner is to be formed, I want to get in early for suggesting thatearly Saturday night (perhaps as early as 5 PM)be looked at so that more folks can consider the whole family participating.

But until we can discuss this thoroughly, I vote for not changing the date/time. I also vote for taking the discussion of keeping or changing the date/time to a separate thread - like here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/19006.html

stay safe.

skidmark

* edited to fix the link to the new thread.

essayons

imported post

Well I've only "regularly" attended the last 2, but my vote is to keep it the same.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
I'll make a motion, All in favor of Pino's on Tuesday DEC 9 @ 7pm say aye, or aye-aye, or even arrrggghh.

Joe -

Wrong place to put this, but we know what you are trying to accomplish.Motion was seconded and passed unanimously.

stay safe.

skidmark