• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Back of PA LTCF

Falcon118

Turtle Creek (outside of Pittsburgh), Pennsylvania
imported post

Hi All

I have recently renewed my PA LTCF. The card I was issued on the back states. "Firearms are prohibited at ALL airports and federal government facilities."

Now I know from experience that firearms ARE permitted in the NON STERILE areas of the airport. I am going to be writing a letter to our WONDERFUL Allegheny County Sherrif Mullen. Just was wondering if this was Just my county that has this, or is this standard fare on other counties in PA.

Unknown

imported post

Must just be your county.

Mine from Lancaster County just says : "This permit is issued by the Sheriff of Lancaster county. If found please return to...."

Kastaway

imported post

Nope the only thing mine says is,

This permit is issued by the Sheriff of Lancaster County If found Please return to:

Lancaster County Sheriff's Office 50 North Duke Street Lancaster, PA 17602

david.ross

imported post

don't bother, the sheriff isn't listening and the permit office states to anyone who calls open carry is illegal. I'm still working on the sheriff's office.

Farmer Troy

imported post

I think every county has a different version of the LTCF . . . there isn't a state-wide standard.

Some have photos and some do not.

Mine says the same thing as yours, and it was issued by Sherriff Pete Defazio.

agentw0

imported post

Fayette County is also blank on the back, and really easy to get just take the app, a pic and 25 bucks and walk out with a laminated permit and an embossed paper one.

Springfield45

imported post

Dauphin County's reads on the back-

LTCF (Valid throughout the commonwealth until expiration date indicated unless sooner revoked)

Any misuse of this license is prohibited under the laws of the commonwealth of
Pennsylvania and will result in prosecution.

Jack Lotwick Sheriff of Dauphin County.

~~Springfield

Springfield45

imported post

shefearsnothing wrote:
Mine is completely blank on the back. :)
Yeah, Lebanon County's is pretty cheesy though it's just a slip of paper that's not even wallet size, and cheaply laminated. I thought it was a real pain in the butt.

Maybe it's changed sine I had mine from Lebanon County....

However, Dauphin County's is the size of a credit card and just about the same material, it's very durable and easy to carry ;-)

Just my $0.02

~~Springfield

jahwarrior

imported post

Lackawanna County, blank on the back. so, i drew a little picture on it of a unicorn and some pixies, real badass stuff.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Falcon118 wrote:
Hi All

I have recently renewed my PA LTCF. The card I was issued on the back states. "Firearms are prohibited at ALL airports and federal government facilities."

Now I know from experience that firearms ARE permitted in the NON STERILE areas of the airport. I am going to be writing a letter to our WONDERFUL Allegheny County Sherrif Mullen. Just was wondering if this was Just my county that has this, or is this standard fare on other counties in PA.
I would write a nice letter and explain that this veribage was most likley meant as helpful, but that firearms are not prohibited at all federal facilities, and like most states, fireamr carry is not prohibited in the non-sterile areas of airports.

if the Sheriff brings up the preempted Allegheny County ordiance banning carry at the Pittsburgh airport, then you can kindly inform him he is mistaken citing Section 6120 and Ortiz. But do this ONLY if th Sheriff makes the mistake of citing to an illegal ordinance.