• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Springfield Shooting Range

Brimstone

imported post

I am in Springfield on business and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good indoor shooting range.

Brimstone

imported post

Well, from talking with a few people I am working with it appears that Bass Pro Shops has a very nice indoor range in Springfield.

I believe that you are expected to declare your firearm at the door and get a lock put on it before you can proceed downstairs. I am not very happy about this policy, so I would still like to hear any suggestions.

Steelviper

imported post

You do have to check your guns at the door at Bass Pro, if you are going to be carrying openly. They do permit CCW holders to show up to the range without a lock (and leave without a lock), and I've personally observed this happen.

Please post back if you try any of the other ranges in town. I've not checked out any of the other ranges and would like to hear first hand accounts.

BenoCarries

imported post

Hello all, I'm new to the forum.

I have been checking around my area for a range and just so happened to just get off the phone with a very nice gentleman at the Springfield Bass Pro.

Details on their indoor range is as follows, I'm paraphrasing what he told me;

If you are a CCW holder and the weapon is concealed on your person then come on down. If it is in a bag or a case then check it at the door, they'll check to be sure it is unloaded, supply you with a case and a lock, then bring it down.

Annual membership to their indoor range is $75 for an individual or $100 for a family. Or pay $10 per visit. There is no time limits on the $10 visits.

Hope this helps, and who knows, I might see you there.