• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HELP...I need Legal advice, maybe a Lawyers number

ironclad

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Miracle wrote:
Thank you and Thank you.

I make zero bones about being being pro gun and pro safety/knowledge/training. When people stop fearing things...great strides can be made.

keep us posted if the NRA has anything to report.

By the way... speaking of how important WOMEN are to our movement, let me say one more thing...

God gave us the common sense to carry a weapon for self protection, and our Founding Fathers gave us the 2nd Amendment to guarantee this right. But it wasnt until October 16, 1991 that "The Movement" really got started... right here in Texas, at a Luby's Cafeteria in Killeen. 44 people were shot down, 24 of them died. Suzanna Hupp survived and the irony of her story was that while her own parents were being butchered inside... her handgun that she carried for self protection, was a hundred feet away in her truck... as required by the then Texas gun laws. Mrs Hupp got righteously pissed off, after she got over her grief, and almost single handedly brought this issue to the entire nation...Texas passed the "Shall Issue" Concealed Handgun law in 1995. She got so practiced and successful at Congressional testimony, that she was elected to the Texas House of Representatives in 1996 from District 54, where she served for about 10 years.

Miracle

imported post

ironclad wrote:
Miracle wrote:
Thank you and Thank you.

I make zero bones about being being pro gun and pro safety/knowledge/training. When people stop fearing things...great strides can be made.

By the way... speaking of how important WOMEN are to our movement, let me say one more thing...

God gave us the common sense to carry a weapon for self protection, and our Founding Fathers gave us the 2nd Amendment to guarantee this right. But it wasnt until October 16, 1991 that "The Movement" really got started... right here in Texas, at a Luby's Cafeteria in Killeen. 44 people were shot down, 24 of them died. Suzanna Hupp survived and the irony of her story was that while her own parents were being butchered inside... her handgun that she carried for self protection, was a hundred feet away in her truck... as required by the then Texas gun laws. Mrs Hupp got righteously pissed off, after she got over her grief, and almost single handedly brought this issue to the entire nation...Texas passed the "Shall Issue" Concealed Handgun law in 1995. She got so practiced and successful at Congressional testimony, that she was elected to the Texas House of Representatives in 1996 from District 54, where she served for about 10 years.
Yup. She's a fabulous lady. I've seen some of her testimony.

There was absolutely zero irony that when we finally got the right to carry concealed guns here in Texas Luby's was the first to proudly say guns were allowed inside.

Sleepless

imported post

Miracle wrote:
ironclad wrote:
Miracle wrote:
Thank you and Thank you.

Yup. She's a fabulous lady. I've seen some of her testimony.

There was absolutely zero irony that when we finally got the right to carry concealed guns here in Texas Luby's was the first to proudly say guns were allowed inside.

This might be slightly off-topic but I read something regarding taking a concealed carry permit which I don't understand.

It states that if you qualifyin the range portion of the concealed carry permit with a pistol then you can carry any handgun that you want concealed BUT if you qualify with a revolver for the range portion then you are only allowed to conceal carry a revolver but not a pistol, can you guys make sense of this because I sure can't.

Why do they make any distinction between what you qualify with as opposed to what you are personally planning on carrying and how exactly can they restrict it??

Thanks in Advance.

Miracle

imported post

Always thought that was silly myself and never had a clue why they do that. Perhaps there is a thread about it in here somewhere?

Tumbleweeds

imported post

My betwuold bemore money for when people want to go from carrying a revolver to a semi auto pistol. More money for the state in fees and more money for the CCW instructors to qualify people.:cuss: