• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Assualt Weapons Ban, and the People who fought it !

Dustin

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Dustin wrote:
There are alot of Higher Ups, that care about 2A ! I won't lie, my views and hate for the NRA, has indeed been toned down some.

"Higher Ups"? 'Indeed'!

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

And your attitude is promoting, Equality ?

More like Division ...

Dustin

imported post

I'm talking about the little comment that you copy/paste after every single post you make.

It seems quite divisionary in nature, and contradictious.

And of course your attitide is as I percieve, is there any other option ? Should I percieve it differently than I percieve ?

Weird.

LiveFreeOrDie

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I've always thought that the hate directed at the NRA by 2nd Amendment purists was misplaced (btw, I'm a 2nd Amendment purist myself). I think it's a way for people to express their individuality. When we fight an AWB or even private sales ban in the next 8 years, the NRA will be on the front lines and I'll be supporting them.

Dustin

imported post

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
When we fight an AWB or even private sales ban in the next 8 years, the NRA will be on the front lines and I'll be supporting them.
Very True.

During the Clinton AWB they were on the front lines, while everyone else was ...where....:?

Like it or not, they were there, swinging the big stick calling liberals out.

I'd suggest anyone willing to post here should WATCH the Video first, please.

Dustin

imported post

AllAmerican wrote:
I thought this was a great video. I dont care what it does or doesnt say about the NRA. It was a good watch. We should show it to everyone and educate them with it.

Which was the point of this video.

I wish we could black out all channels, and have this played like a presidential message. lol ! :cool:

The Donkey

imported post

NRA: explain to me again how you scored a "victory" when you helped pro-AWB candidate Bushwin against pro-AWB candidate Gore.

WhiteFeather

imported post

I watched the video in its entirety.

Whereas I can see that the NRA had a part in restoring the rights of lawabiding citizens, I feel the video is bias in that it did not show any other gun rights advocacy groups. The SAF, GOA and many more grass roots organizations where around and certainly did not sit idle during this.

Secondly, perhaps my age and or beliefs hinder my hind sight but why does the NRA oppose full auto weapons? Tek 9's and Krinkers do not have a place in the field, they are not sporting arms used in competition. They are arms used in the defense of tyranny and in extreme cases life itself.

I often feel as if both sides of the argument resort to skirting around the truth because they don't feel the American people could handle it. The Second Amendment has about as much to do with hunting as the First Amendment has to do with bake sales. We should be able to own any type of firearm we wish so that we can properly defend the US Constitution and our Liberty. I am not rallying a war cry and by no means am I insinuating we lead an assult on DC but when words finally do fail and the time for diplomacy has ended what will we turn to? (May the Gods grant to us, never to see the day)

Slayer of Paper

imported post

I'm also one of those strict adherents to the 2nd amendment. I will only support gun control that is permitted by the phrase, "shall not be infringed".

Even so, I find the all or nothing approach of the GOA to be a loser. Out of those choices, the answer with be: nothing. That is not acceptable. I would LOVE to see EVERY gun control law in the country repealed, but I also believe that some is better than none, and that every victory is a victory. Every gun control law that is repealed, every court decision that upholds the 2nd amendment, and even every congressional vote in favor of the right to keep and bear arms is a victory.

I have a dream that one day, the 2nd amendment, and indeed, ALL of the constitution, will once again be interpreted exactly as it is written. It is unrealistic to believe that will happen over night, so I support EVERY act and decision that will bring the country closer to that happy day.

If the GOA and its supporters would focus the animosity they have for the NRA onto the Brady campaign, I'd be willing to support them. Until then, I will spend my money and time not on organizations that happen to have the exact same no compromise stance on the 2nd that I do, but on organizations that get RESULTS.

That said, regardless of whether you love or hate the NRA, GOA, or any other gun rights organization out there, I implore all gun owners everywhere to support SOME organization that is working to protect our right to keep and bear arms. The fact is, the reason why the NRA has compromised, and the reason the GOA can't seem to get results is that they don't have the support necessary to push REAL change. Out of around 80 million gun owners in America, less than 5 million do ANYTHING to stand up for their own right to keep and bear arms. If only half of the remaining gun owners would join an organization such as these, gun owners could write whatever policy we wished in Washington.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
less than 5 million do ANYTHING
That "5 million" sounds to me as mostly NRA members and the vast majority of them send their money in exchange for a subscriber-card.

The NRA practices, preaches and encourages the politics of access and of pay-to-play. Their emperor has no clothes!

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

Dustin

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
NRA: explain to me again how you scored a "victory" when you helped pro-AWB candidate Bushwin against pro-AWB candidate Gore.

Didn't the AWB EXPIRE during Bush's term ?

Didn't the Democrats and the brady Campaign piss and moan b/c he did nothing to keep it ?

Didn't Obama specifically state his disdain for Bush b/c he didn't extend the AWB ban ?

Yet your claiming that Bush was For the Ban ?

The Donkey

imported post

Both Bush and Gore said that they would sign the AWB if it made it through Congress.

I figure that makes it a tie as far as the AWB is concerned.

LiveFreeOrDie

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Dustin wrote:
The Donkey wrote:

Didn't the Democrats and the brady Campaign piss and moan b/c he did nothing to keep it ?

Didn't Obama specifically state his disdain for Bush b/c he didn't extend the AWB ban ?

He was for the ban. Congress never put it on his desk though. He also screwed us over at the Heller oral arguments and is doing nothing about national park carry. He's a failure. And not just on the 2nd Amendment. He's destroyed the GOP and pushed people like me out of it, but that's a story for another day.

Dustin

imported post

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
Dustin wrote:
The Donkey wrote:

He was for the ban. Congress never put it on his desk though. He also screwed us over at the Heller oral arguments and is doing nothing about national park carry. He's a failure. And not just on the 2nd Amendment. He's destroyed the GOP and pushed people like me out of it, but that's a story for another day.

I hear ya :banghead: