• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Free Speech TV / Double Vision

JBURGII

imported post

I have been watching this open forum from Eugene Oregon and am getting a little sick to my stomach. Even the gentleman on who is an 'avid supporter' of the 2A is willing to give up a lot of ground to government, I don't claim to be a great debater but they need some informed counterpoints.. I don't know, maybe I am being a little too sensitive.. I should actually expect this kind of drivel out of a college town.. but.. they are spouting the most common anti arguments you could possibly dig up.

Sorry guys, had to down some strong coffee and vent a bit.. they could not come up with an intelligent comment from any of the panel members. Even went so far as to claim the 2A was outdated and needed repealed. "There is no reason for anyone to have a firearm." OMG! I can't even articulate how bad this show was..

Excuse me while I go find a brick wall... :banghead:

JBURGII

imported post

Oh, sorry, I was so disgusted I didn't impart proper info in my last post..

It was on FSTV, a local open forum t.v. show out of Eugene called Double Vision. I am currently looking for links but haven't come up with anything concrete. It is the same channel which has the Democracy Now show and a lot of what appears to be liberal leaning programming. I will keep digging for more on this..

J

edit to add: Community Television of Lane County http://www.ctv29.org/11-30.htmlhas the listing:

AM 6:00 Pandora's Box (formerly Double Vision) - Open forum debate
hosted by Eric Sanders, Barry Sommer and Andrew Harper. Dealing in
politics and religion, both national and international. Produced by Eric.