• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help Me Put Together an OpenCarry Montage DVD for Friends & Neighbors

Ron Neil

imported post

I distribute freedom movement DVDs for the cost of production.

Please, help me put together just the right group of gun rights clips, like those on the Home page of opencarry. The keep and bear arms issue needs to be shared with those who may not be internet savvy. A DVD of informative clips may be the perfect wake-up call for activists to pass along to others who rely on the main stream media.

Ron Neil

OneDollarDVDProject.com

Orygunner

imported post

If it's pictures you're looking for, check out Oleg Volk's site. He's the photographer for Lori's picture on the front OCDO page and the other pictures at the top left of the forums.

I believe he makes his work available royalty-free for pro-rights groups, but you'd better check out his site and/or contact himto make sure:

http://olegvolk.net/

...Orygunner...

Ron Neil

imported post

I need video clips for a DVD, not pictures. I like the ones on the Home page but, I figured that you folks would know of the cream of the crop of video clips that might make a great Best of OpenCarry DVD for my project site.

Ron

OneDollarDVDProject.com

Ron Neil

imported post

I want to build an educational DVD with various clips concerning open carry and keep and bear arms issues that could be passed along by activists to those who haven't a clue. Look over my site and you will get the idea about what I am trying to do with DVDs.

Ron

OneDollarDVDProject.com

xd.40

imported post

You could contact Mike or jpierce for the source of the videos up on YouTube. You could also contact the VCDL and see if Philip will share his sources :lol:.

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I like the idea, but do not have any video clips myself... I would say to contact Mike or John directly, they would probably be your best source or at least be able to point you in the right direction...

Michigander

imported post

I love the idea. It could be like a recruitment video so to speak. The problem I see is that the OCDO meet up events are almost always calm, and uneventful. Not really the sort of thing that makes for a horribly entertaining video, so recordings are sparse. Although, there are plenty of video's of confrontations between pro and anti OCers. It's all over youtube. But obviously you can't make it look like it's one big struggle, because it's not.

What I would do after sorting through what's there now, is have people from different areas do recordings and interviews and things at the various meetings that happen all over the country. I, for instance, could help by arranging to get some footage for you at my meeting that I set up later this month. A video on OC as it stands nation wide could be pretty cool.