Thread: Happy one year anniversery to Michigan Open Carry.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Happy one year anniversary to Michigan Open Carry. It was one year ago today that the first members of this group (Me, Michigander, Mastiff69 and his wife.) meet at a McDonald's in Brighton. The weather was bad but these brave souls set out on a quest that has grown in size much faster than the four of us could have imagined.

Here's to another year and hopefully our message of freedom will continue to prosper. "Exercise our rights"

Read how this first get-together progressed. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/3797.html
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Happy Anniversary MOC :celebrate

ETA: no pix/video of the first gathering?

Anti-urban, Bible thumping, Tekonsha, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Happy First Anniversary, MOC !

I wish I'd have found this forum last year.
    "Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death !" Patrick Henry

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    Read how this first get-together progressed. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/3797.html
    After reading through it, I find it hard to believe how very careful these same people were in choosing just the right venue for that first gathering. Timid? No, I'd say just prudent...and look at the results.

Ann Arbor was passed by for the first gathering. Perhaps too "liberal?" This summer, I read about the picnic held at an Ann Arbor park.

Grand Rapids was not a first choice due to the location of those involved, I'm sure. But reports were that it was maybe too "conservative." The solution was to have a picnic there as well - also reported as a success.

Well done MOC! ...and thanks for paving our way. Happy anniversary!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
    Happy Anniversary MOC :celebrate

ETA: no pix/video of the first gathering?
    They weren't invented yet. Really wewere all too ugly for photographs with the possible exception of Mastiff69's wife. Besides Michigander doesn't like his face photographed, most likely because of the hideous scars and growths
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Ditto, happy anniv. to us all. We've come a long way baby, and we have a long road to go.......... here's to the future.

Post imported post

It's funny. I thought Venator was being overly ambitious when he told us at the meeting about how we should plan on branching off into different sections of the state so that we could have regional groups and regional meetings. I knew it was possible, perhaps not probable, to happen within a few years. Never did I imagine how fast it would indeed happen. A big round of applause from me goes out to everyone who has worked so hard to see to it that MOC has grown this fast. We are one of the fastest growing OC states in the country, and it's only been a year. :celebrate
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Thank you to everyone involved in bringing MOC to this point. I am pleased to also be a part.

Post imported post

NIIIIIICE!!

Carry on

How how about that almost three yeare since the first oc meet up !!!!
    Last edited by mastiff69; 09-26-2010 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mastiff69 View Post

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Quote Originally Posted by mastiff69 View Post
    Maybe we should do another meet up in Brighton this december and see if we can get a few more folks this time...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Birthday%20Cake%20Three.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	4072  
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Happy anniversary!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you to all your efforts to not only organize this herd of cats, but also all the work you've done to educate Michigan law enforcement personnel and Michigan citizens. You've enabled the open carry movement in this State, and that's an accomplishment worthy of well-earned pride. Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    Maybe we should do another meet up in Brighton this december and see if we can get a few more folks this time...
    I could be game for this. Lets see Dec 2 is a Thursday so how about Dec 4th the following Saturday. Should be more traffic than normal with the Holiday shopping season in full swing.

Now which McD's was the original meet at. I think there are two in town.

Radioman

Ugh, I'd love to come considering I'm a new 'official' member of MOC, however Dec. 4th and 5th I'm celebrating my wife's birthday. Ah well.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    It's funny. I thought Venator was being overly ambitious when he told us at the meeting about how we should plan on branching off into different sections of the state so that we could have regional groups and regional meetings. I knew it was possible, perhaps not probable, to happen within a few years. Never did I imagine how fast it would indeed happen. A big round of applause from me goes out to everyone who has worked so hard to see to it that MOC has grown this fast. We are one of the fastest growing OC states in the country, and it's only been a year. :celebrate
    It doesn't suprise me that it all happened so fast.The Warren picnic on 8/16/08,came about in approximately 2 months,just by planning it on this site.It got us front page exposure in the Macomb Daily on 8/14 & 8/17 and channel 4 news at 6pm on 8/16.Plus commish Dwyer,captain Pahvlic,their command center(fancy RV),several marked and 1 unmarked car with binoculars.Thank all who started MOC Inc.,which has served the citizens of this great state and nation and opened eyes to the freedoms provided by our Creator! Happy Birthday MOC Inc..God Bless!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!