• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Happy one year anniversery to Michigan Open Carry.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Happy one year anniversary to Michigan Open Carry. It was one year ago today that the first members of this group (Me, Michigander, Mastiff69 and his wife.) meet at a McDonald's in Brighton. The weather was bad but these brave souls set out on a quest that has grown in size much faster than the four of us could have imagined.

Here's to another year and hopefully our message of freedom will continue to prosper. "Exercise our rights"

Read how this first get-together progressed. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/3797.html

Hcidem

imported post

Venator wrote:
Read how this first get-together progressed. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/3797.html
After reading through it, I find it hard to believe how very careful these same people were in choosing just the right venue for that first gathering. Timid? No, I'd say just prudent...and look at the results.

Ann Arbor was passed by for the first gathering. Perhaps too "liberal?" This summer, I read about the picnic held at an Ann Arbor park.

Grand Rapids was not a first choice due to the location of those involved, I'm sure. But reports were that it was maybe too "conservative." The solution was to have a picnic there as well - also reported as a success.

Well done MOC! ...and thanks for paving our way. Happy anniversary!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
Happy Anniversary MOC :celebrate

ETA: no pix/video of the first gathering?
They weren't invented yet. Really wewere all too ugly for photographs with the possible exception of Mastiff69's wife.;) Besides Michigander doesn't like his face photographed, most likely because of the hideous scars and growths;);)

WARCHILD

imported post

Ditto, happy anniv. to us all. We've come a long way baby, and we have a long road to go.......... here's to the future. :D

Michigander

imported post

It's funny. I thought Venator was being overly ambitious when he told us at the meeting about how we should plan on branching off into different sections of the state so that we could have regional groups and regional meetings. I knew it was possible, perhaps not probable, to happen within a few years. Never did I imagine how fast it would indeed happen. A big round of applause from me goes out to everyone who has worked so hard to see to it that MOC has grown this fast. We are one of the fastest growing OC states in the country, and it's only been a year. :celebrate

hud

Happy anniversary!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you to all your efforts to not only organize this herd of cats, but also all the work you've done to educate Michigan law enforcement personnel and Michigan citizens. You've enabled the open carry movement in this State, and that's an accomplishment worthy of well-earned pride. Thank you!!

Radioman

Maybe we should do another meet up in Brighton this december and see if we can get a few more folks this time...

I could be game for this. Lets see Dec 2 is a Thursday so how about Dec 4th the following Saturday. Should be more traffic than normal with the Holiday shopping season in full swing.

Now which McD's was the original meet at. I think there are two in town.

Radioman

Haman J.T.

It's funny. I thought Venator was being overly ambitious when he told us at the meeting about how we should plan on branching off into different sections of the state so that we could have regional groups and regional meetings. I knew it was possible, perhaps not probable, to happen within a few years. Never did I imagine how fast it would indeed happen. A big round of applause from me goes out to everyone who has worked so hard to see to it that MOC has grown this fast. We are one of the fastest growing OC states in the country, and it's only been a year. :celebrate
It doesn't suprise me that it all happened so fast.The Warren picnic on 8/16/08,came about in approximately 2 months,just by planning it on this site.It got us front page exposure in the Macomb Daily on 8/14 & 8/17 and channel 4 news at 6pm on 8/16.Plus commish Dwyer,captain Pahvlic,their command center(fancy RV),several marked and 1 unmarked car with binoculars.Thank all who started MOC Inc.,which has served the citizens of this great state and nation and opened eyes to the freedoms provided by our Creator! Happy Birthday MOC Inc..God Bless!