• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ellis County Press Endorses open carry reform!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.elliscountyobserver.com/?p=4235

There’s a petition to get Texans to be able to scrap the concealed handgun stuff and just “open carry.”

It would take getting used to seeing people carry guns out in the open, but over time it would get people used to it. Northeastern states - as liberal as they are - either allow for open carry or don’t have concealed “permits” as requirements. I like how they refer to those as “permits.” A license is permission to do something you already had a right to do. But a “permit” sounds a bit more palatable. Lawyers. Sheesh.

Anyway, here’s that site: www.opencarry.com

Note: It should be noted that The Ellis County Press is in favor of open carry legislation, both publicly and privately.

rodbender

imported post

We DO NOT want to scrap the concealed carry law. We want to enhance it with open carry. Of course if they want to scrap the concealed carry law and still allow us to carry open or concealed, that would be OK, too.

FMCDH

imported post

I have said it before. All states justneed to follow in the footsteps of Alaska. :)