• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sorry, if this has been brought up before

Attending VCDL Meeting on 12/18/08?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Let's Carpool!

• Total voters

tsannicolas

imported post

I just joined VCDL and want to attend the meeting coming up on 12/18/08 - Annandale is about 10 minutes from where I live in Fairfax.

I'm new to Virginia and new to hand gunning. In fact, the first time I ever held a handgun was during my competency course for my CHP. I'm a member of the NRA and now a member of VCDL - though, I haven't received any literature regarding my membership in the mail as of yet - I was just wondering if anyone in my area was heading that direction.

Be warned, I'm only 26 and by looking at me, you may have some preconceptions, but rest assured that although I'm new to hand gunning, I'm certainly not new to firearms [I've been hunting since I was a kid] - but that's not to say that I'm an expert by ANY means.

Just wanted to have this be my introduction, pleased to meet you all.

- Tony San Nicolas

VAopencarry

imported post

Welcome aboard Tony. Rest assured there will be a fair amount of people from this forum at the VCDL meeting. Though December usually has a lower turnout then most other meetings.

fairfax1

imported post

tsannicolas wrote:
now a member of VCDL - though, I haven't received any literature regarding my membership in the mail as of yet

Welcome Tony,

Please give VCDL a while to process your application and get your membership card, they seem to process the applications in batches.

I will also be at the meeting.

tsannicolas

imported post

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Looking forward to meeting you all there!

RedKnightt

imported post

VCDL is the Virginia Citizens Defense League. It is Virginia's best gun rights organization and one of the most successful grass roots organizations in the US.

http://www.vcdl.org/

Meetings are held several times a year, usually in Annandale (Fairfax County in NoVa). It is a great organization. Check out the website and do a search on here for "VCDL" and "Lobby Day". You'll find some great background. If you are in Va and are at all interested in preserving the right to keep and bear arms, VCDL is the group to join.

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

tsannicolas

imported post

MirkoCrocop wrote:
ok thanks
I was kidding, Mr. Pride Fighter. Or shall I say, failed UFC fighter :p

It's a general meeting for the VCDL, which stand for the Virginia Citizens Defense League.

It's a very transparent group and more information can be found here: www.vcdl.org

MirkoCrocop

imported post

oh i thought you were serious lol:shock:, anyways yes it is sad, but Crocop will be back once he drops down to Light heavywieght, did you know crocop was a member of the croatian counter terrorist org L.U.C.K.O You know that guy open carried a lot:celebrate

tsannicolas

imported post

MirkoCrocop wrote:
oh i thought you were serious lol:shock:, anyways yes it is sad, but Crocop will be back once he drops down to Light heavywieght, did you know crocop was a member of the croatian counter terrorist org L.U.C.K.O You know that guy open carried a lot:celebrate
Yep, I did know that. I follow MMA pretty closely.

Kevin108

imported post

I'm 28. I see much of our generation as lazy and hopeless. Glad to see another guy my age that isn't so wrapped up in American Idol that he can't pay attention to what's really going on in the world around him!

tsannicolas

imported post

Kevin108 wrote:
I'm 28. I see much of our generation as lazy and hopeless. Glad to see another guy my age that isn't so wrapped up in American Idol that he can't pay attention to what's really going on in the world around him!
I don't see our generation quite the same way you do. Call me an optimist, but I really think that our generation gets it on a lot of levels. Just not this one.