• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pistol Bayonet

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

http://www.laserlyte.com/Pistol_Bayonet/PB-1/PB-1.html

PB1-0ss.jpg

Yep, that's a bayonet on that pistol, and a Ka-Bar blade, no less. At $39.95 retail, it's not ridiculously expensive, either.

My first thought was "omg, they're joking", followed by "what idiot would buy that?!". But then I got to thinking that, I mean honestly, why not? lol. So what do you guys think? :D

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Thats cool I guess, but its nothing compared to a chainsaw bayonet.
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/3ljd_hUxCfI&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

FogRider

imported post

It seems to me that a blade on your handgun could be useful occasionally (hell, they've been putting them on rifles since rifles existed), but I think it'd get in the way much more often.

longwatch wrote:
Thats cool I guess, but its nothing compared to a chainsaw bayonet.
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/3ljd_hUxCfI&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
Someone's been playing to much Gears of War, I see.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

FogRider wrote:
It seems to me that a blade on your handgun could be useful occasionally (hell, they've been putting them on rifles since rifles existed), but I think it'd get in the way much more often.

Well it could be carried as a knife, separate from the handgun, and only attached to the firearm when practical. I mean, in a situation where the BG is within arms reach, he'll be much less likely to try to grab the muzzle of your gun with that on it :D. It would also give you a more practical and lethal melee option compared to the good ol' pistol whip. That, and a malfunction could be immediately followed by a forward jab.

I don't think I'd ever carry it around, but I may just pick one up for the sake of having one lol.

Hotshot718

imported post

So cool! I can't imagine ever using this either, but as the saying goes "I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it." Thing is, I probably could have gone my whole life not seeing this thing and not felt cheated. Now, I really hope the hint-dropping works on my family for Christmas. :D This is one of those things that you just go :banghead: WHY :banghead: DIDN'T :banghead: I :banghead: THINK :banghead: OF :banghead: THAT?!

Hcidem

imported post

The first thing I thought when I saw this is "How do they make a holster to fit that?"

Its kind of like rally wheels on a sports car.

I think I'd rather have the Ka-Bar in hand, though. :D

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

ISMOID wrote:
I don't have a bayonet for my CZ40P but I have for a joke shown friends that I can mount a bipod there! :D

OFF-TOPIC
I see the OP is from Havelock, I used to live in Hubert. I really miss that part of the country.

I'll be heading past Hubert tonight on the way to good ol' J-ville. I'm from Minnesota originally, but the military brought me out this way and I haven't felt a need to leave. It's a nice place to live.

So who's gonna be the guinea pig that orders one of these and tells us whats up? :D

Walleye

imported post

Drive-by chainsaw-bayonetting is one of the scourges of modern American society. This is why we need to ban chainsaw-bayonet lugs on assault weapons.

:dude: