Thread: Video Report - Texas Gun Store Owner Attacks Open Carry!

Post imported post

Also, Rep Jose Menedez (D) says he has Bigger Fish to Fry than restore your open carry rights!

----

In an article in the San Antonio News

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/politics/35433269.html

... Jerry McCall, who owns Texas Guns of San Antonio, Arrowhead Gun Shop in Kerrville Texas and Texas Thunder Range in San Antonio was all too happy to point out all the ways that citizens can not be counted upon to handle their openly carried firearms as responsibly as law enforcement. Could it possibly have anything to do with his teaching concealed carry classes?

Perhaps some of our Texas members could let Mr. McCall know what his customers think of his condescending attitude. Remember, be polite, firm and professional. But let him know in no uncertain terms that it is not a good idea to alienate over 40,000 potential customers!

Let's roll!

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

hmmm guess it's time for an email to Mr. McCall.
    As soon as i can get a link to his store or a way to contact him i will post if that's ok.

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

Here is a little info on Jerry right off his page.
    Texas Thunder Range is an extension of Texas Guns. Texas Thunder Range is the only state of the art Indoor Shooting Range in San Antonio, Texas. Jerry's vision to provide his customers with the best service, education, and facilities for fellow shooters is now a dream come true. Jerry has invested over 25 years to the Gun Business, he is a Gun Collector and Investor with a healthy net worth; he currently has over a million dollars in inventory alone. He is a man of integrity and successful entrepreneur. Jerry has made the decision to create a million dollar facility in San Antonio, to create a place that his fellow Gun enthusiast can be proud of. This Range is the only one of its kind in San Antonio. Our range is open to members and guests. We offer Basic Handgun 101 classes, Concealed Retention 102, and hold Concealed Handgun License Classes twice a month. Visit us at www.texasthunderrange.com.

eMail: JMCCALL@TEXASTHUNDERRANGE.COM
    Phone: (210) 509-4752 OR (210) 509-7484
    Details: OWNER

Post imported post

nking wrote:
    hmmm guess it's time for an email to Mr. McCall.
    As soon as i can get a link to his store or a way to contact him i will post if that's ok.
    I can help there ...

http://www.texasthunderrange.com/

Remember ... polite but firm ... we want to illustrate that he is wrong in his portrayal of open carriers.

Thanks!

Post imported post

The link to the story has died.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

Guess he should worry more about updating his website then attacking OC. Anyone looking for an Indoor Range in San Antonio - Bass Pro got just what you are looking for....... Granite they have weird rules but it would be better then supporting this wack job

Post imported post

Time for the Jim Zumbo treatment!

I posted this on Texas Gun Talk: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/n...pen-carry.html

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

i sent him a nice email with some facts from here last night, and yes i was very polite as thats the way that i conduct myself, unless it requires agression or my character and then i will get agressive.

Post imported post

He is right...it only takes one idiot to think he can walk up and steal a holstered gun. IMHO, when the idiot gets shot, that's one less idiot in the world.

but seriously.

When, not if, we can open carry in Texas I am sure they will regulate what kind of
    holster we are required to keep our guns in. I'm sure there will be some kind of minimum requirement to prevent people from having their guns stolen right out from under their noses. We are required to legally have certain types of insurance for our cars - why not a similar requirement for openly carried guns.

I for one would probably never totally open carry but I sure as heck would be grateful to not have to be so worried about someone seeing my concealed gun making a federal case out of it. It would be nice to not have to check myself in the mirror scanning for tell-tale bulges.

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

im not worried about my gun being remove, alot of the holsters are designed for that purpose, when i purchased my Fobus i had my wife come up behind me and she yanked and pulled all kind of crazy and couldnt remove my gun and thats because it will only come out at the right angle. I have a good friend that is LEO and this is the same holster he uses as well and he gives the same demonstartion when people ask him the same question.

Post imported post

What? Now you want to regulate holsters? Give me a break. The other open carry states have not had problems. Looks likeyou have a solution in search of a problem. Give it a rest. Trust your fellow citizens for once, will ya.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

rodbender wrote:
    What? Now you want to regulate holsters? Give me a break. The other open carry states have not had problems. Looks likeyou have a solution in search of a problem. Give it a rest. Trust your fellow citizens for once, will ya.
    I personally have no wish to regulate anything. Show me in my post where I said "i think they should..."

My suggestion about the holsters was merely a pondering on how the state might handle the possibility of open carry.

Post imported post

Tell McCall how you feel by going elsewhere for your purchases... he's probably ex-LEO.
    --
    Look how well the LEO community love the holster restrictions placed on them. I hope they don't do something that stupid.

I carry with no retention strap, and am looking to move to a 1911, and don't really want a hammer strap - one more thing to hang on the trigger, or keep the gun from being useful when needed.

(Edited to add some on topic content.)

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

Ok folks what do yall think about what this Rep Jose Menedez said about Bigger Fish To Fry and that he didnt even feel it would get through legislature.

Post imported post

I'll bet he does'nt say that Bull Shoot to any of the paying customers he's had!...Notice how empty the store was.