• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Streamlight, Surefire, Insight

TechnoWeenie

imported post

rail mount or handheld?

I just purchased one from Hong Kong (chinese supplier), cost about 40$ with recharger and batteries, using the latest LED emitters from Cree puts out 230 Lumens. One thing I love about it is a strobe feature, which blinds/confuses the shit out of the person it's aimed at...

I get about a 1-1/2 hours of use on HIGH. It's slightly brighter than a 4D mag light. And it's bout 6" long... I love it.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14443

PolskiG

imported post

Thanks, I already own a surefight handheld. I'm wary of chinese made knock-offs, I had aLED flashlight I bought from hong kong and after 6 uses it fried in my hand blowning the tip of my pinky off. I tried I serve the guy who sold it to me a subpeona in HK but his trinket hut was no longer there. I did find his brother though he lives in Bellevue and his name is Mike Lee annumber is 425-495-2012

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

I use a Surefire X200-A. Never had an issue with it.

Keep in mind that it is a WEAPON light, so if you're using it as one, you need a backup ha hand light.