• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello OCDO

usaf0906

imported post

Although i have made a few posts already, i figured i would make a "introduction" post. i am 24, in the air force, been around guns since i was 8. just bought my first hand gun on black friday (glock 19). enjoy being able to open carry, waiting on my CHP. i just joined the VCDL as well.. i look forward to being an active, and somewhat helpful member of the community. even if it is just my smartass wit that wins you all over ;)

cheers!:celebrate

Chris Backous

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Welcome to OCDO! Hook up with the Tidewater folks for their monthly OC dinners.

stay safe.

skidmark

kle

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
glad to see we have a few more Glockies aboard.
Glocks? GLOCKs?!?

Bah!

Plastic Fantastic!

Gimme a revolver any-day. Six-Plus-Nothin'!

Er, ahem.

To add to my earlier reply: Welcome to the board!

TFred

imported post

kle wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
glad to see we have a few more Glockies aboard.
Glocks? GLOCKs?!?

Bah!

Plastic Fantastic!

Gimme a revolver any-day. Six-Plus-Nothin'!

Er, ahem.

To add to my earlier reply: Welcome to the board!
Hee hee... or get yourself a pre-lock S&W 686+! Six plus one more for a surprise!

TFred

kle

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
ahhh, people who hate Glocks are just jealous 'cause they dont own one (yet) :)

I love a wheel gun too, but you cant beat a G-LOCK!
I had a 2nd gen 21. Not my cup o' tea, so I sold it. If I had to have one, I'd pick one in 9mm--either a 17 or a 19--the best caliber for the platform, in my opinion.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ProShooter wrote:

Oohh, oh, oh I see the problem here ... you obviously haven't taken the time to become intimately familiar with Springfield's fine line of XD pistols. Common error even among experienced shooters like yourself if they were brainwashed by several years using an inferior sidearm in LE. :p

:monkey

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

Oohh, oh, oh I see the problem here ... you obviously haven't taken the time to become intimately familiar with Springfield's fine line of XD pistols. Common error even among experienced shooters like yourself if they were brainwashed by several years using an inferior sidearm in LE. :p

:monkey

haha!

I'm acquainted with the Springfield line. Its a very nice gun. I just know and trust the reliability of my Glock....any Glock.

Plus, Tommy Lee said "lose that nickel plated sissy pistol and get yourself a Glock" :)

usaf0906

imported post

every cool LEO, government agentand bad ass in any decent movie has a glock... so they have to be good... right..?

thanks for the warm welcomes.. haha

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Welcome cbackous - good people and good times here.

When Glock makes an authentic 1911, I'll think about it ProShooter, if it is made out of iron. :D

BTW - do you still have to pull the trigger of a Glock to disassemble one and isn't there a rule about keeping your finger off of the boom switch 'til you're on target? :lol:

Yata hey

ProShooter

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

When Glock makes an authentic 1911, I'll think about it ProShooter, if it is made out of iron. :D I'll call Gaston today and see if he'll make you one!

BTW - do you still have to pull the trigger of a Glock to disassemble one (yes)and isn't there a rule about keeping your finger off of the boom switch 'til you're on target? :lol:

Yes, but if you arefollowing simple safety rules, then it is safe!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

When Glock makes an authentic 1911, I'll think about it ProShooter, if it is made out of iron. :D I'll call Gaston today and see if he'll make you one!

BTW - do you still have to pull the trigger of a Glock to disassemble one (yes)and isn't there a rule about keeping your finger off of the boom switch 'til you're on target? :lol:

Yes, but if you arefollowing simple safety rules, then it is safe!
Ka-boom - that's Glock talk :lol:

I was just checkin' to see if you were still up and awake. Ready for the reeealy big show this week-end?

Yata hey

ProShooter

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
I was just checkin' to see if you were still up and awake. Ready for the reeealy big show this week-end?

Oh I'm ready. I have plenty of brochures and help available both days. Just finalized our January dates so that we have a schedule available. Our December classes are virtually sold out. :) I'm anxious to see the turnout at the show.