• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CBS 42 News video on Texas Open Carry Movement

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Vidoe linked from http://www.keyetv.com/mediacenter/local.aspx- find and click on story in upper left box

--

carrying of guns in Texas
Contributor.jpg

CBS 42 Reporter: Annalisa Petralia
Email: apetralia@keyetv.com
Last Update: 12/01 6:24 pm

Print Story | Email Story

11N.gif

12S.gif

14N.gif

16N.gif

RegTextSizeControl('ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_CommonPage_CommonBody_CommonContent_CommonLeftColumn_Main_V___TextSize',true);

icon_video1.gif

Carrying Guns In Plain Sight

Related Links

A pro-gun group that wants Texans to have the right to carry handgun in plain view has begun a public relations campaign.

The group, opencarry.org, has bought time on Texas radio stations and put advertisements on Austin wanting people to support making Texas an Open Carry state.

The group is working to get an open carry bill drafted in time for the legislative session, which begins in January.

Gun enthusiast Larry Tufford lives in Round Rock and says an open carry law is a good idea.

“I think the more armed citizens we have, the lower the crime will be,” he says.

Right now, carrying a gun in plain sight is illegal in Texas.

Texans who hold a concealed handgun permit can carry a gun and the sidearm must remain hidden.

Some Central Texans say they don’t want people to carry their guns in plain view.

Autumn Hake is mother and fears for what kind of environment an open carry law would create for her children.

“It’s scary. Not my cup of tea,” she says.

Greg Vanderpool feels the same.

“I don’t think that’s the kind of environment I want to live in.”

Texas Gov. Rick Perry says he believes if someone legally owns a gun, they should be allowed to carry one unconcealed.