• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walther/Suppressor Package

Dustin

imported post

I called my local Gun Shop to see what the stages were to purchasing the above, and she said that I had to be an LEO to own one.

I'm pretty sure that's not correct.

If I remember correctly, Everything goes as usual with online sales, transfer fee's, except for when dealing with "CANS", there is a $200 ATF Transfer Fee.

And I might have to register it somewhere ....

Correct ?

Louisiana Carry

imported post

I do not know about Walther, some companies will ONLY sell C3 items to LEOs (which is within their right, but loses them business). Assuming that is not the case, the woman who helped you was just ignorant. Yes you have to apply for a tax stamp from the ATF, and go through a licensed C3 dealer to get it, and register it with LA DPS.

A C3 dealer will be able to walk you through the whole process.

Dustin

imported post

Louisiana Carry wrote:
I do not know about Walther, some companies will ONLY sell C3 items to LEOs (which is within their right, but loses them business). Assuming that is not the case, the woman who helped you was just ignorant. Yes you have to apply for a tax stamp from the ATF, and go through a licensed C3 dealer to get it, and register it with LA DPS.

A C3 dealer will be able to walk you through the whole process.
Can you provide me with a lits of C3 dealers in LA ?