• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Legal?

Craig0104

imported post

I will be moving back to Georgia before the new year and will be applying for a GFL. I plan on CC'ing because as a funeral director I must dress the part. My question: Would it be lawful for me to carry to, from, and while at work? I do understand that under certain circumstances (entering a hospital, picking up records from government buildings) I still would not legally be able to carry.

[size=(from georgiapacking.org)]

[size="...A public gathering is defined and includes, but is not limited too, athletic or sporting events,[b] churches or church functions[/b], political rallies and/or functions, publicly owned or operated buildings[i](Fed, state, or local government buildings)[/i], and establishments."]

[size="...So basically a public gathering in addition to the 5 defined areas is an event or function that the[b] general public[/b] gathers or will gather for. This may be a [b]parade[/b], music event, free contests, presentation speakers, or any other [b]publicized[/b] event that the general public can gather for."]

Would the chapel be considered a church? Would a funeral be considered a church function (if clergy are used). If obituaries are posted in the newspaper would that be a "publicized event that the general public can gather for"?.Am I unlucky enough to beprohibited by law to carry to, from, and while at work? I apologize for all of the what-if's, i'm just concerned. Thank you in advance.

Craig

exgabrit

imported post

If you are not the owner of the business then you'd need to see if there is a company employee handbook that specifically disallowed guns at work. if not, then technically you could carry to work. a funeral home isn't a church unless its got a publically available church attached. if you need to go to a government public building or a church (check HB89 as far as church), then you'll need to disarm yourself and leave your sidearm in the vehicle. if this is a work vehicle, then i'm not sure if liability insurance of the company would cover any issues directly attributed to leaving said sidearm in the vehicle.
a chapel isn't a church, but a private place of worship. so i would imagine that you could carry in such a place.
the bottom line is that if you are carrying concealed and you may need to travel to suspect locations, then your safety should come first, just be mindful.