• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Victims Decline to be Robbed

Armed

imported post

http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-now-vbrobbery.d3,0,5882061.story

Victims decline to be robbed; 3 suspects arrested
BY MIKE HOLTZCLAW | 757-928-6479
12:53 PM EST, December 3, 2008

43707981.jpg

From left, Howard Parham, Alexander Johnson and Michael Cattani, all 18-year-old Virginia Beach residents, are each charged with two counts of robbery, as well as firearm and conspiracy charges in Virginia Beach. They are being held in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond. (Courtesy of Virginia Beach police / December 3, 2008)

VIRGINIA BEACH - Two victims of an attempted armed robbery declined to give anything to their assailants, and police say they arrested the three assailants shortly after they fled the scene emptyhanded early this morning in Virginia Beach.

Howard Parham, Alexander Johnson and Michael Cattani, all 18-year-old Virginia Beach residents, are each charged with two counts of robbery, as well as firearm and conspiracy charges. They are being held in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond.

Police spokesman Adam Bernstein said a man and a woman were walking home from Chimney Hills Shopping Center around 2:30 a.m. after getting off work. As they walked on Rosemont Road, they saw a vehicle pull into the parking lot of a church near the intersection with Stoneshore Road. Three males got out of the vehicle and approached the two people, and one of the males displayed a handgun and demanded that they hand over "everything."

Bernstein said the woman ran to a nearby house for assistance and the man threatened to call police. The three males then got back into their vehicle and fled the scene. The man and woman provided descriptions of the men and their vehicle, and moments later an officer spotted the vehicle on a nearby street and detained the three males inside. They were arrested and charged at the detective bureau.

Armed

imported post

Not quite sure what to make of this story. It does not say the gentleman was packing. just threatened to call the police. That was some nerve if he was unarmed, but damn... gotta admire the balls!

tsannicolas

imported post

Armed wrote:
Not quite sure what to make of this story. It does not say the gentleman was packing. just threatened to call the police. That was some nerve if he was unarmed, but damn... gotta admire the balls!
seriously. If someone brandishes a weapon at me, I would be hard pressed not to draw my weapon first, THEN say I'm going to call the police. maybe that's what happened and the media just wants to put a spin on it to make it an anti-gun thing. :dunno:

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

tsannicolas wrote:
Armed wrote:
seriously. If someone brandishes a weapon at me, I would be hard pressed not to draw my weapon first, THEN say I'm going to call the police. maybe that's what happened and the media just wants to put a spin on it to make it an anti-gun thing. :dunno:
I'm guessing he just called his bluff (that the bg wouldn't shoot him)...no weapon on his part. The dailypress is not likely to just leave out that big of a piece of the story.