• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dallas Observer Commentary Insults All Gun Owners

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I notice the comment form has been disabled by removal of the verification code.

Seems the sniveling douchbag has backup.

Lthrnck

imported post

Yep, as soon as they saw, he had no support on this article they pull the ability to comment.. why would we excpet anything less..

bcbrown2

imported post

I was able to log in and drop a steaming pile of what I thought about this guy's article. It's up now (you just have to click on "show/hide comments." Heck, even signed it with my real name and hometown -- let the fun begin. Here's the text of my comment, should my voice somehow get lost in the digital din of censorship.

What utter tripe. The author of this used Kleenex passing as editorial journalism deserves nothing more than to be ripped from his world of DVDs and Tivo'ed episodes of Gunsmoke and OZ and be allowed to confront what are utterly safe and sane people who, carrying in the tradition of assuming personal responsibility for their security before crying out to police who may or may not be around to help, live normal and healthy lives with firearms close at hand. "Strapping up," "slapping iron" and brandishing a hogs leg?? Really?? This is what passes for journalism in the Bastille of Bush? One lone liberal arts major screaming out in the night against those who'd push him into the ranks of those asking if you'd prefer special sauce at 11:06 PM on a Wednesday night with a Mac and a voice will not bring the demise of 80 million American gun owners who do not commit crimes, cherish our traditions, and would prefer to put down a criminal than watch our families fall victim to him? You, sir, are a joke.

Lthrnck

imported post

It appears they have reopened the comments section again on this article..

Get in there and tell this guy what you think of his editorial..

liveneasy

imported post

Three cheers for Mr Williams. You did a bang up job on this story. Perhaps next time you will champion the cause to abolish concealed carry in your great state of Texas.

As a Bad Guy, I've been falling on hard times lately trying to earn a living in the surrounding states, seems like everyone I've encountered lately has either had one of them 'Hog legs' strapped to his leg or isn't playing by the rules and carrying his 'piece' concealed. Things have gotten so bad in Arizona and New Mexico, the only place I now consider safe for me to work is where guns are prohibited, especially the shopping malls and stores that have those 'No guns allowed' signs. I mean no self-respecting citizen would dare carry their legal guns into those joints, so they are the best places for me to work.

And if you really want to impress me and my buddies, next time I or one of my 'Bad guy' friends uses a gun and causes a major incident, please don't hesitate to take that opportunity to push for more stringent legislation to take guns away from the good guys and increase the number of Target Rich Environment... ah I mean Gun Free Zones.

Thanks again,
your friendly Bad Guy

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I know that this isn't Students for Concealed Carry, but still. I hate it when people's reasons for not allowing concealed carry on campus is because they think someone is going to start shooting up the place if they get a bad grade or are in an argument with someone in class. Seriously? You think that someone that paid for the training, the fees, and waited 4+ months for their CHL is going to start shooting up the place? Get real people.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So, when are you Texans gonna legalize OC so you can stop looking like the most ignorant-about-guns state (at least based on the slew of editorials from the state I see posted here)? :p

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

marshaul wrote:
So, when are you Texans gonna legalize OC so you can stop looking like the most ignorant-about-guns state (at least based on the slew of editorials from the state I see posted here)? :p
We're shooting for January! No pun intended ;)

KBCraig

imported post

marshaul wrote:
You're right. We probably need to deport those editorial writers back to San Francisco. :p