• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One More: Kel-Tec P32 vs P3AT

Barnett3006

imported post

I have a P3AT that I have been pocket carrying for over a year. I have never had it jam while practicing at the range.

I found the best way to control muzzle flip from the little beast is to get a Hogue Handall Jr and trim it down until you get what looks like a heavy rubber band with a finger rest. After you have trimmed most of the grip sleeve away and sliding it on the gun you need to squeeze some glue (something like RTV or The Right Stuff etc...) between the sleeve and the grip in several places. Then, before the glue sets, grip the gun as if you where firing it and push the finger shelf up against your middle finger. I made the "finger grove" a little smallish so that my middle finger would fit snugly between the trigger gaurd and the finger shelf on the grip sleeve. This alone drastically reduced the muzzle flip on my gun, getting the hooked magazine floor plates adds even more "follow-up shot ability". I hope that makes sense:) I don't have a profile pick of my P3at to show you what I mean.

I load a Buffalo Bore 90gn Gold Dot in the chamber and the rest of the mag is Remington 95gn FMJs. Try a box of the Buffalo Bore http://www.buffalobore.com/ammunition/default.htm#380 first one I fired I was :what: Its definitly not for plinking with the P3at! :lol:

I also added night sights to my P3at by drilling divits into the "sights" and filling the divits with a thick mix of 2 ton epoxy and glow in the dark powder http://glowinc.com/detail.aspx?ID=42
SS851824.jpg

SS851825.jpg

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

diesel556 wrote:
I think it's common practice for some people to wear a band-aid on their trigger finger when practicing with the Kel-tec to prevent lacerations/scrapes. I never did, though.
You can use a blade or file to smooth the rough edges on the trigger. I use this method to smooth or remove molding seams or flash (excess plastic from the molding process) from the entire gun. It's an old habit from my model airplane building days. Be careful not to mar the finish.

SHOOTER13

imported post

I bought a used 1st gen P-32 Kel Tec off a buddy that was upgrading to the P3AT...and I carry it as a BUG ( backup gun ) in my boot topwith my Para Ord P12-45. I must say that Kel Tec makes a good product at a good price...so much so that I bought a brand new PF-9 and hooked up a LaserLyte aiming guide on the picatinny rail. It's a sweet combo...

PF9P32.jpg