• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Ultimate Open Carrier

2a4all

imported post

Mrs 2a4all & I were watching the Christmas Special "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" on CBS, and during the scene where Hermie the elf who wants to be a dentist and Rudolph meet up with Yukon Cornelius, I remarked that it was strange that I'd never seen any protests over the revolver stuck in Yukon's belt. After all, what does he need a gun for? Are there any rogue elves? He's always able to outwit any Bumble he encounters.

I vote that (for the Holiday Season) Yukon Cornelius should appear on OCDO pages!

Edited for afterthought.

A little later in the story, Santa offers Rudolph the job of guiding his sleigh thru the nastiest winter storm ever. As the team and sleigh take off, there are only seven reindeer, including Rudolph. Yukon, what have you done?

Edited to fix error (CBS vs ABC)

Prophet

imported post

2a4all wrote:
He's always able to outwit any Bumble he encounters.

It has been said that: "you can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone"

I assume the same logic can be applied to Bumbles'.

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

The reason that nobody has ever protested it is probably because nobody ever noticed it as out of place, much like they most likely wont notice most of us carrying openly either!!!

Evil Ernie

imported post

Voting yes on Yukon!!!

My reason? Cuz Bumbles bounce man, Bumbles bounce....yeaaah....

Yukon.jpg

Gordie

imported post

Yukon is the man!:celebrate He's brave, ambitious, and always comes through for his friends. What a guy.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

When I bought the Action figure (okay it's a toy) of Yukon a few years ago, they replaced the gun with a knife...more PC crap. As a geologist I can relate to his quest for mining gold and I like his mustache.;)

Aran

Banned
imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
The reason that nobody has ever protested it is probably because nobody ever noticed it as out of place, much like they most likely wont notice most of us carrying openly either!!!
How can it be noticed as out of place when it isn't out of place at all?

Prophet

imported post

I was at a toy store today shopping for my neices and came across the Yukon Cornelius figure...several different sizes and varieties...and NONE of them had the pistol. I probably wouldn't have even looked for it if you guys didn't bring it to my attention. The boycott of the company that makes that toyline began today. When I have some time i'll write a letter for what good it might do.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Prophet wrote:
I was at a toy store today shopping for my neices and came across the Yukon Cornelius figure...several different sizes and varieties...and NONE of them had the pistol. I probably wouldn't have even looked for it if you guys didn't bring it to my attention. The boycott of the company that makes that toyline began today. When I have some time i'll write a letter for what good it might do.
Possibly a2nd grader took one to school for show & tell and was immediately ex- spelled and parents incarcerated. (sarcasm off) :?

Gordie

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Prophet wrote:
Possibly a2nd grader took one to school for show & tell and was immediately ex- spelled and parents incarcerated. (sarcasm off) :?
Or went to go to Grandma's house for Christmas on an airplane and was detained by Homeland security.:shock:

Alexcabbie

imported post

Here's a corker: They were going to make a movie about "G.I. Joe" BUT to satisfy PC and "Globalism" "G.I. Joe"was to stand for "Global International Joint Operatimg Entity". In ogther words not the superior American warrior but rather some weenie concept of an International ideal hero.

As I am given to understand and correct me if I am wrong; the Marine who posed for GI Joe maintained his rights to the figure and sai it must ALWAYS be a US Marine; and scotched the damn stupid movie. In any cSE AS FAR AS i KNOW THE MOVIE WAS EITHER NEVER MADE OR NEVER RELEASED. It is a good thing I think.

2a4all

imported post

"Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer" will be aired onCBS Wed (12/2/2009) at 8:00pm ET.

Yukon Cornelius had his gun when it was shown last year. Everyone please check this year to see if he still has it.

Overtaxed

imported post

2a4all wrote:
Mrs 2a4all & I were watching the Christmas Special "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" on CBS, and during the scene where Hermie the elf who wants to be a dentist and Rudolph meet up with Yukon Cornelius, I remarked that it was strange that I'd never seen any protests over the revolver stuck in Yukon's belt. After all, what does he need a gun for? Are there any rogue elves? He's always able to outwit any Bumble he encounters.

I vote that (for the Holiday Season) Yukon Cornelius should appear on OCDO pages!

Edited for afterthought.

A little later in the story, Santa offers Rudolph the job of guiding his sleigh thru the nastiest winter storm ever. As the team and sleigh take off, there are only seven reindeer, including Rudolph. Yukon, what have you done?

Edited to fix error (CBS vs ABC)
Had himself some Venison?