• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas Open carry Movement Radio Spots - spread them far and wide!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Folks - you can help accelerate our radio campaign - post these audio files to your blogs and email lists today!

Attached is the 15 sec spot.

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What about doing a 'press release' and sending to papers and radio stations in Abilene, Midland/Odessa, Lubbock, San Angelo, Amarillo etc.... ?

Shorts

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Don't know if this is proper or not, but what about a YouTube video commercial?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Shorts wrote:
Don't know if this is proper or not, but what about a YouTube video commercial?
Hmm..Ian? You are the petition founder and now Chair of the "Texas Open Carry Working Group" - do you think you could do one?

JKTex

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Maybe I just haven't looked in the right place, but is there a list of what media outlets the ads are running on?

I heard that the DFW area was getting blitzed, but know no one that's heard one yet.

JKTex

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Thanks for posting the files, but is there something that lists what radio stations are actually playing the spots?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

JKTex wrote:
Thanks for posting the files, but is there something that lists what radio stations are actually playing the spots?

The spots have been played on multiple stations for multiple days each in DFW, San Antonio, and Houston. The stauions were annoucned on various threads and press releases.

Radio spots areplaying this week in the pandle region, Amarillo & Lubbock, but a blogger reported last night he heard a sopot all the way to Midland, TX! See http://sleepless.blogs.com/george/2008/12/open-carry.html

The stations in Lubbock-Amarillo on which radio spots are being played this week are listed in the press release at http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum66/20022.html

But if we do not raise more money, these are the last ads we can play, so give today at http://www.opencarry.org/thunder.html. Give what you can but don't be shy, a $500 or $1,000 would go a long way, and we have had a few of those in the past :)

Cowboy_Rick

imported post

I live west of RHOME and so far I have missed every one of them but I do know that they make a difference because people at work have asked me about it, so I tell them and gime them the addy.