• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving from KY to TN

zrukman

imported post

Here's a question for ya'll that I could not find on the TN department of safety website. I'm going to be moving to middle TN if I can ever sell my house in KY. Damn the irresponsible lendors and the congress!!!!

I have a current concealed carry permit in KY and I know that I will have to pay a fee and be fingerprinted to get a new TN permit. Will I have to turn in my ky cdwp during the time my TN permit is being processed.I couldn't imagine going into public withoutbeing able totake responsibility for myself and my family's safety. It's no big deal in KY as we can open carry without a permit, but I know TN doesn't allow for any carry without a permit.

Please help me get an answer!!!!

zrukman

Fallguy

imported post

I have heard different stories on this, one guy did not have to turn is out of state permit, another one did.

But they guy who did, getting his TN permit was like a renewal and he was able to carry withthe reciept give to you at the Dept of Safety office until the new one came in.

So either way you should still be able to carry while waiting for your TN permit.

zrukman

imported post

I work in sales out of my house so I can live anywhere in Tn. I want to be within 40 or 50 miles from Nashville but out in the country with about 5 acres of land. I'm open to any suggestions. Where's Lobelville?

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

zrukman wrote:
I work in sales out of my house so I can live anywhere in Tn. I want to be within 40 or 50 miles from Nashville but out in the country with about 5 acres of land. I'm open to any suggestions. Where's Lobelville?
About an hours drive west of Nashville, south of I-40. Very rural here and OC seems to be very acceptable, folks don't pay it no mind even though not many practice it.

WCrawford

imported post

zrukman wrote:

I've not looked in a while for prices, but there are "rural" areas that are still in Davidson county. Personally, I'd look in the area north of Nashville along I-65 or west along I-40.