• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry of Claw Hammers

ScottyT

imported post

Nice pic Dre! I love that Stanley Demolition tool!

I think the hammer/t-shirt idea is a great one for the folks in Texas/other states that prohibit OC.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

ScottyT wrote:

I think the hammer/t-shirt idea is a great one for the folks in Texas/other states that prohibit OC.
Don't give me too much credit...I just found it online, lol.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Roofing hammer is a close as a tomahawk as you can get and Lowes (Corporate allows the legal carry of weapons in their stores) has the holster for it as well.

03413962081500.jpg

Pamiam

imported post

What a fun thread!

Sign me up for a hammer and t-shirt, too! :D

I like the student protest method of openly carrying empty gun holsters on school grounds, too. Of course most of the "intellectuals" there probably think it's for a cell phone. :p

2a4all

imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
It's not against the law to carry bow and arrows is it? How about lances?
A hammer could easily be carried at ones side unobtrusively in a holster just like a gun and for most of us who are not construction workers is could be a great conversation starter, and combined with an informative T-shirt could really get people talking and thinking without having any confrontation! This could actually become an effective 'tool' (pun intended) in our campaign! Any more thoughts/comments/suggestions?
This guy has a hammer. He could use a holster, though.

Michigander

imported post

ScottyT wrote:

I have, on many occasions, OC'd a hammer for work, and sometimes for self defense when I had a reason not to carry my gun. I have had probably 15x more reactions to knives with blades longer than 8" riding on my hip than I have to hammers. People just don't care about hammers, but you get a lot of questions with knives like "dude, is that a sword on your hip?" This gives you the perfect chance to engage them in a conversation if you want. In my honest opinion, I think that someone who didn't respect hammers as dangerous would think you were a weirdo, and someone who did would think you were a dork, assuming they got the point.

But a legit tomahawk, and not something that looks designed to build houses, that might get the point across.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I had an idea for a 2x or 3x oversized foam ruber 1911 to open carry.

Could use it like a t-shirt with a message. Big enough to print something on. Like "If only it were real, we'd be safer." Eh, I'm not good with catchy slogans, sorry.... But you get the idea.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

But what about 'assault' hammers? Can we only openly carry hammers that are for 'sporting purposes?'

D'oh! My picture posting priveliges have been revoked, hahahhaahahahahahahaha! Damn prudes with no sense of humor...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Cant wait for the Brady Bunch bulletin that we are carrying a weapon that candrive nails thru Kevlar body armor.......

Well, nails would be "steel core" ammunition, no?

Ban nails!!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Barnett3006 wrote:
I like the Tomahawk OC idea, as opposed to a boring old claw hammer :)
Yeah, but he's way too heavy, complains too much, andyou have to buy him all those drinks. :)

JBURGII

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
Don't forget my favorite hammer, the Death Stick!

It also has a groove that magneticly holds a nail, if you like to carry loaded. ;)

page.php

page.php
page.php

Hmm, depends on where you are I think. You could carry loaded in Oregon except for a few cities like Portland, loaded weapon ban.

So one further then, would this be considered mag fed or clip?