• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another OC harassment lawsuit filed in Pa.

KBCraig

imported post

Wow, it must suck to realize you've paid a lawyer who files a suit, in federal court, with typos in it. :banghead:

Paragraph 18: "...the nature and existence of probably cause..."

and

Paragraph 26: "...secure against arrest without probably cause..."

Good luck with the suit. I remember the incident; the plaintiff deserves to prevail.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

KBCraig wrote:
Wow, it must suck to realize you've paid a lawyer who files a suit, in federal court, with typos in it. :banghead:

and

Good luck with the suit. I remember the incident; the plaintiff deserves to prevail.
Typos are tolerated here, surely a court officer is not so uppity as to insist on literate pleading as we can't insist on literate discussion for fear of being <whiny voice> elitist?

Further, it is not a typographical error but a transcriptionist's error. The transcriptionist speaks a dialect that does not adequately differentiate "probably" from the "probable" that was heard on the recording. And the attorney signed the pleading.

codename_47

imported post

Wow, it must suck to realize you've paid a lawyer who files a suit, in federal court, with typos in it

Most 1983 cases are taken on contingency.... At any rate, it's all fun and games until someone gets sued.

david.ross

imported post

I hope the plaintiff wins this case, will make others think about infringing on rights of others because they disagree with it. They're law enforcement, they're supposed to enforce the law, not police-how-i-want enforcement.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I'm confused. The original post has the OCer giving the impression that he was 'ok' with the encounter, yet he's filing suit?

codename_47

imported post

The original post has the OCer giving the impression that he was 'ok' with the encounter, yet he's filing suit?

A person being "ok" with the encounter initially may not hold once they are informed of their rights.

jahwarrior

imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
I'm confused. The original post has the OCer giving the impression that he was 'ok' with the encounter, yet he's filing suit?
i think he initially thought it went well because he didn't end up in handcuffs. i think once he thought about it, he realized what happened was definitely not okay.

tito887

imported post

also let that be a lesson to not make a great big write up after something happens on the internet. The lawyers may try to use that in their defense. I know it sounds half baked but that's what they'll do. Find anything that will defend their clients. If you must write what happened, then limit it to facts.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

KBCraig wrote:

and

No, the Defendants will pay the lawyer - these cases are almost alwsy taken on contingency.