• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

teen murder suspect

nitrovic

imported post

Since a few on here like to break the forum rules and post news stories in the Norfolk area not related on open carrying, here goes my shot at it-

PORTSMOUTH - The 17-year-old high school student charged in the stabbing death of his former classmate will be tried as an adult, a Portsmouth judge ruled yesterday.

The suspect, who has now been formally identified as Churchland High School junior Robert Lee Barnes, was certified to be tried in District Court. Yesterday in Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court, judge Alotha C. Willis agreed to the commonwealth's attorney's request to treat Barnes - who turned 17 just a few days before his arrest - as an adult.

Meghan Landowski, a 16-year-old student at Woodrow Wilson High School, was found bound and gagged with tape and stabbed to death in her family's home on April 10. She and Barnes had been acquaintances when Landowski had previously attended Churchland.

Barnes, an accomplished student who also studies violin at The Governor's School for the Arts, was arrested on Oct. 23 after an exhaustive investigation, which drew national attention in the online media.

usaf0906

imported post

since guns are demonized in shootings and all that, anyway we can demonize the knife.. or maybe even blame the religious school.. that might work..