• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chesapeake Police Officer Sentenced for Stealing Ammunition

Thundar

imported post

Chesapeake officer sentenced for stealing ammunition
Posted to: Chesapeake Crime News

By Kristin Davis
The Virginian-Pilot
© December 4, 2008
CHESAPEAKE

A judge on Wednesday sentenced a Chesapeake police officer accused of stealing ammunition from his department to 12 months in jail with all but one month suspended, according to the Virginia Courts Case Information Web site.

Charles G. Adams will also spend a year on unsupervised probation and pay $107 in court costs, the document said. Adams was charged last month with one count of petit larceny, a misdemeanor.

Adams resigned from the department after the investigation began, a police department spokeswoman has said.

A second Chesapeake police officer, whose identity was not released, was placed on administrative leave but did not face criminal charges.

On Oct. 10, police executed a search warrant and seized dozens of boxes ammunition from the home where Adams and the second officer were living in the 2500 block of Alleghany Loop in Virginia Beach.

They took hundreds of hollow-point bullets, thousands of rounds for various handguns, hundreds of smokeless blank rounds, dozens of ammunition magazines stamped "Restricted Law Enforcement/Government Use Only" and dozens of shotgun shells, according to search warrant paperwork filed in court in Virginia Beach.

Link: http://hamptonroads.com/2008/12/chesapeake-officer-sentenced-stealing-ammunition

nitrovic

imported post

What is the connection again for open carrying?? Is the stretch this time that police carry guns, which have bullets in them, so therefore this meets the forum rules?? Come on guys, this is getting too easy.:lol:

This is getting to be like the Kevin Bacon game, who's next??!!!:lol: I'll go next, I'll post a story about the financial bailout, maybe we can get to OC from there!!!!

nitrovic

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
A sycophant apologist is no better than and maybe not much different from a <whiny voice> "cop-basher".  Is there any criticism of a cop that is not too harsh, a meaning of cop-bashing being "harsh criticism".

This is an open carry forum genius. This has nothing to do with open carrying (nor do a lot of the other "stories" where police are charged with crimes). Use your little head Dougie.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nitrovic wrote:

This is an open carry forum genius.

I re-read the rules and based on my understanding of the rules this post is okay. I am certain that many of the daily OCDOreaders; especially the ones that don't live in Hampton Roads would like to read this post.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

From the Rules:

"Since we are a site dedicated to open carry,firearms and gun rights, all posts should relate substantially to one of these topics"

essayons

imported post

Thundar wrote:
dozens of ammunition magazines stamped "Restricted Law Enforcement/Government Use Only"
So basically magazines manufactured between 1994 and 2004. I'm not sure how this makes the crime any worse or has bearing on the article.

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

essayons wrote:
Thundar wrote:
dozens of ammunition magazines stamped "Restricted Law Enforcement/Government Use Only"
So basically magazines manufactured between 1994 and 2004. I'm not sure how this makes the crime any worse or has bearing on the article.
"Off-Topic!" cries the man in the off-topic subject :lol: (only pointing out the ironic, I have no horse in that particular race. As long as powers that be don't mind threads like this, I certainly don't mind discussing the topics.)

Thundar

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
What is the connection again for open carrying?? Is the stretch this time that police carry guns, which have bullets in them, so therefore this meets the forum rules?? Come on guys, this is getting too easy.:lol:

This is getting to be like the Kevin Bacon game, who's next??!!!:lol: I'll go next, I'll post a story about the financial bailout, maybe we can get to OC from there!!!!

Nitrovic you are a real putz.

Yesterday you posted about a car fatality in Chesapeake that happened only a few miles from my house to a neighbor. You did that to prove a stupid point about topical posts. You didn't even take the time to consider others in the Virginia forum. Your use of this tragedy for your own petty purposes makes you no betterthan the Brady Bunch, who dance on the graves of the recently departed gunfire victims.

Today I post a very topical story of stolen government ammo and you go off on another ignorant rant.

Please Nitrovic, for the sake of forum quality, use this simple rule:Think before you type.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

The connection between cops and open carry is easy. The government writes unconstitutional and evil laws and the cops enforce them, "chust followink orrrders."

Cops are the teeth of the toothless tyrant.

With all respect due our owner/moderator, they must enforce their dicta and evenhandedly.

hsmith

imported post

While I agree this isn't related to OC, he didn't state it in the proper manner. Simply saying "this topic isn't related to OC" would have sufficed.

It isn't related to OC and will only turn into a flame fest (which I think is the bigger problem, flame wars). It barely relates to firearms.

Thread should be locked, post haste.

W.E.G.

imported post

I understand the connection between Norfolk and open carry.

I don't see the connection with Chesapeake.

Has Chesapeake been in the news regarding OC?

Sheriff

imported post

OC related or not, it's probably interesting reading to people who have to go out and purchase their own ammunition. Furthermore, this isn't even news really. Embezzlement of ammunition is nothing new in law enforcement by law enforcement officers.

mpolo79

imported post

I'm glad violations of the public trust are taken seriously enough to be reported here. Transparent government demands we stay informed.

nitrovic

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
OC related or not, it's probably interesting reading to people who have to go out and purchase their own ammunition.  Furthermore, this isn't even news really.  Embezzlement of ammunition is nothing new in law enforcement by law enforcement officers.

Stop with the cop bashing. "Nothing new", come on. The issue IS "related or not". Forum rules are forum rules. The only reason these stories continue to get posted is to make the police look bad. Some on here are wannabe cops and couldn't hack it on the force, so they are now hell bent on posting negative police stories. It really is getting old.

nitrovic

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
nitrovic wrote: 
Use your little head Dougie.
I did and quite successfully, thank you.  My only offspring ("little head", remember) graduates with a Doctorate from the Medical University of South Carolina in May '09.

I would be more impressed if you told me your offspring was serving their country or community in the military, police, and or fire. Degrees don't impress me. I've gone that route and learned that anybody can recite what a book tells them (sound familiar Dougie, you cut/paste other's thoughts all the time).

Sheriff

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
The only reason these stories continue to get posted is to make the police look bad.
Law enforcement agencies need no help in looking bad.

They have enough bad apples to handle this without help from anyone here.