• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Melaine Haine

ab123

imported post

so any anti Melaine Hain posts don't get posted...what a sad situation considering I've done more for gun rights than probably anyone on this site and have been before this moderator was probably born. Bottom line we are losing the public relations battle here about open carry because of people like her and giving ammo to the big city legislators to pass MORE anti gun laws, but folks can't seem to see the forest thru the tress, sad.

david.ross

imported post

actually, you're completely incorrect. Open carriers are the majority responsible for enlightening the public and desensitizing people to firearm away from the media brainwashing.

I open carry all the time, when I was in Pittsburgh, I jogged around town every day when I went outside. Guess what, NOTHING HAPPENED. People were wiser around me, some stopped me to ask for help, others asked me questions, some were just curious about firearm laws.

What Mrs. Hain is doing, even though it does attract some negative publicity, will help the firearm and open carry cause after getting through all of this.

I did have an incident in Pittsburgh, and I corrected all the PDs there. I spoke with people, Lts. made sure people were aware. I know my path was different from SFNs, but that is just me. Hell, recently after conversing with the Sheriff's dept who was giving out incorrect information saying open carry was illegal and you must conceal with a LTCF, we(sheriff dept's officers and I) were all for the better.

So you just keep bashing Mrs. Hain, you're just showing your "true colors." The colors of a coward, the colors of someone who hides under a rock when rights are being surpressed, the colors of yellow.

jahwarrior

imported post

it ab123 wrote:
so any anti Melaine Hain posts don't get posted...what a sad situation considering I've done more for gun rights than probably anyone on this site and have been before this moderator was probably born. Bottom line we are losing the public relations battle here about open carry because of people like her and giving ammo to the big city legislators to pass MORE anti gun laws, but folks can't seem to see the forest thru the tress, sad.

"yep, i done more fer gun rights than any a y'all whippersnappers kin shake a stick at! in my day, we didn't have no new fangled holsters. if'n ya wanted to carry a gun, yah had to cut open a cat and stick yer six shooter in his bloody gut and wrap it around yer britches! we did it that way, and we liked it! now, get offa my lawn, ya sunzabitches! see this ball? it's mine now! you damn kids, gonna ruin it fer the rest of us! in my day, we didn't have no concealed carry permits! if'n ya wanted to conceal yer six shooter, ya had to get one o' them there bags yer old lady used to put her things in, and ya walked around town where all the menfolk called you a sissyboy! we did it that way, and we liked it!"

snl89294.jpg

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

How about all OC'ers where a jacket that states:

"I AM OPEN CARRYING, BUT SO AS NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE HAVE CONCEALED IT UNDER THIS JACKET."

spawnbringer

imported post

It's ironic when I see some who CC post signs and stickers on theirwindowsat home and on their carwhich in essence announcesto everyone that they have a gun(s)and then be soadamant against OC.

Just an thought... Yeah, I get those from time to time. :quirky