Thread: First ever OC experience

Post imported post

I OC-ed for the first time ever this week. Not one problem up here in Blacksburg. I went to Kroger twice, Food lion, McDonalds, and three gun shops in the past three days without a word said to me. Did get a few :what: and :shock: though, lol. That didn't bother me at all, however. All in all I'd say it was a great experience. Now if only I could OC to my classes....

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO!!

Good to hear that your comfortable doing it.

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO and the OC experience.

In spite of the regulations that VPI&SU imposes on its employees and students, Blacksburg itself seems to be accepting of OC. Might be time for all the folks in and around Blacksburg to get together and start meeting up on a regular basis.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:

In spite of the regulations that VPI&SU imposes on its employees and students, Blacksburg itself seems to be accepting of OC. Might be time for all the folks in and around Blacksburg to get together and start meeting up on a regular basis.

stay safe.

skidmark
    Hell, I'd drive down there more often if it meant we could meet and OC at Mike's Grill. Mmmm...best burgers I've ever had, bar none.

Post imported post

RoisinDubh wrote:
    I OC-ed for the first time ever this week. Not one problem up here in Blacksburg. I went to Kroger twice, Food lion, McDonalds, and three gun shops in the past three days without a word said to me. Did get a few :what: and :shock: though, lol. That didn't bother me at all, however. All in all I'd say it was a great experience. Now if only I could OC to my classes....
    Is there a movement toward allowing students to carry on campus (VT) in light of the shooting?

Post imported post

nitrovic wrote:
    Is there a movement toward allowing students to carry on campus (VT) in light of the shooting?
    The Students for Concealed Carry on Campus (SCCC) has a VT Chapter; I get their facebook emails all the time...

Post imported post

kle wrote:
    skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark
    Hell, I'd drive down there more often if it meant we could meet and OC at Mike's Grill. Mmmm...best burgers I've ever had, bar none.
    Posta date & time and see who says they will show up. Might be helpoful to include a link to a map for possible out-of-towners. Once the word gets around you might have a tradition in the making.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

RoisinDubh wrote:
    which kroger? and did you by chance go into crocket and/or miller's? welcome aboard.

We just recently had an ocdo meeting down here - first to the range then lunch at macados, no problems at all

Post imported post

That was a fun day! We need to schedule another one of those days in the spring when I am over at VT again

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    That was a fun day! We need to schedule another one of those days in the spring when I am over at VT again
    I was just thinking about that wonderful day we had in Nov. We definately need to set up another range day in the spring!

I'll have fridays off then so any weekend in the spring I should be able to make...hopefully.

Post imported post

Thanks for the welcome guys. Mike's grill is pretty good, though I've only been there 2 or 3 times. And to foxcall: it was the kroger on university blvd, and yes i actually went to miller's, crockett's, and whitetail outfitters. I'll probably be at whitetail again soon because my roommate wants a scoped SKS they have there. anyway, I wanted to come to that OCDO meet-up but that was my b-day weekend and I was visiting the chica in newport news.

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    Preferably when it's not a cold and BLOWING RAIN day :^). Macado's was good. Still can't believe half of the people there didn't want to eat the "hot" wings I ordered :^)! Nova, where'd you go? You gotta go to lunch with us next time!

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:

In spite of the regulations that VPI&SU imposes on its employees and students, Blacksburg itself seems to be accepting of OC.* Might be time for all the folks in and around Blacksburg to get together and start meeting up on a regular basis.

stay safe.

skidmark
    Where were you all when I was still down there?! I made more than one thread suggesting such a meeting, too...

Bleaksburg and Christiansburg are generally accepting of OC it seems, though, as you might expect, you get more stares and the like the closer you are to campus.

Post imported post

Good to hear, My Sweet Roisin Dubh.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    Good to hear, My Sweet Roisin Dubh.
    In 1850 there were 8 million Irishmen in Ireland.
    Today there are only 4 million.
    The US has approximately 60+ million of Irish decent.

The Republic of Ireland remains one of the most conservative countries in the EU. And for the first time is actually importing labor instead of exporting it. Yet I'm still shocked by the divisions there. They are quite serious about them too :^). In 2001 I actually met someone with my last name for the first time in my life! I literally have never seen so many white people, and I do mean white.....

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    Preferably when it's not a cold and BLOWING RAIN day :^). Macado's was good. Still can't believe half of the people there didn't want to eat the "hot" wings I ordered :^)! Nova, where'd you go? You gotta go to lunch with us next time!
    Yeah I regret not hanging around longer and going to Macado's (I love their "Hindenburg" sub w/ chips!). But I had to trample through the forest with a GPS for a few hours (I was fufilling a requirement for a class at GMU...had to use a GPS and take pictures and write stuff about it, etc.)

I'm looking forward to the next meetup!