• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why carry the gun you do?

What is your top factor in choosing to carry the gun you do? You can choose only one.

• Accesories Available

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brand

• Bullet Capacity

• Ease of Use

• Look

• Other

• Reliability

• Weight

• Total voters

Legba

imported post

There's no real method to my madness -I just like what I like. I have a catholic (small-c) taste in arms.

-ljp

Huck

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
Because it is proven to work.

Its a tool, its not meant to be pretty, or comfortable, its made to protect my life.

I could'nt have said it better! I mostly pack a Ruger GP-100 .357 magnum and while it's a good looking pistol it's ruggednessand reliabilityare the most important features to me. Did I mention that it shoots great too? :)

III

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

l_183a39a7d333ef199a09a20b8ed0f036.jpg

Mine...

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

As others said, in the end it comes down to reliability. But there are many reliable handguns out there and my particular carry choice, after achieving the stamp of reliability, depends on several other factors. Also, I am not a one size fits all sort of guy and I make different choices as to what I carry day to day depending on several factors.

Pol Mordreth

imported post

I had to vote other, because although caliber and reliability were the factors that got me down to three or four handguns, i ultimately picked the one I carry based on how it felt in my hand.

Regards,

Pol

Orygunner

imported post

I picked size. I have to CC most of the time, so I chose my Kel-Tec P-3AT because it's a potent little pocket pistol (IMHO).

...I also carry a small gun because I'm compensating :cool:...
...Orygunner...

Loneviking

imported post

Reliability and accuracy. If I can't hit with what I'm carrying, and trust the gun to function 100% of the time, I'm not using it! The gun will be traded or sold.