• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun show madness ??

essayons

imported post

I'm going to try to get there early and score some ammo...

And I've always got my eyes out for .308 AR upper pieces

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'll be stopping by Saturday AM to pick up my pre-ordered ammo cashe from Georgia Arms. Bought & paid for already, has my name on it along with the secret decoder ring password/countersign, and a big bow to keep it all together.

Look out for certain scruffy older folks who have a tendency to buy up everything in sight if it says .45acp. He did it at the last show and there are rumors he has sold his soul (again:exclaim:) in order to get more ammo money. This time it's supposed to be a run to score 7.62x39 - whatever that would fit.:p

I'll be at the VCDL table all Sunday afternoon. Since everything worth while, as well as half the rest of what was brought by vendors will be sold by then, there shouls be a few stragglers who need to come by and moan about the panic buyers. It's another good recruiting issue to use to get them to joing VCDL.

stay safe.

skidmark

richarcm

imported post

I was thinking of going to the show in Dale City as it is close. Is it worth it at all?

AbNo

imported post

Code:
Sure is. Here's the VCDL table schedule, if anyone has any free time. :)

Saturday, December 13 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, December 14 10:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. 1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Please contact Bob Schmidt at
Shenandoahgunshows (that little at sign) vcdl.org to help in Harrisonburg.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Broke my trailer hitch on the way hunting and had to come back to the burbs....so I guess I'll go to the show in a few minutes.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

hlh wrote:
Hopefully we'll see a show report before too long. For me it's just no fun when it's so crowdedyou can hardly walk, let alone see anything. And then there's the parking lot grid lock to contend with. And then too often "show prices" are significantly higher than mail order, even when you include shipping in the cost.

You'd have hated this one then. I've never seen this show so crowded.

Not a bad show though. I got a good deal a Wetterlings Hunters ax and a great deal on a Weatherby.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

hlh wrote:
peter nap wrote:
hlh wrote:
Hopefully we'll see a show report before too long. For me it's just no fun when it's so crowdedyou can hardly walk, let alone see anything. And then there's the parking lot grid lock to contend with. And then too often "show prices" are significantly higher than mail order, even when you include shipping in the cost.

You'd have hated this one then. I've never seen this show so crowded.

Not a bad show though. I got a good deal a Wetterlings Hunters ax and a great deal on a Weatherby.
How bad were the lines getting in, and how deep at the tables?
When I got there at 9:00, the line went all the way down the walk to the grass and turned along the grass for another 50 people.
When I left a couple of hours later, the outside line went nearly to the grass.

It was crowded at the tables but most people were trying to be orderly and polite.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

The prics were high on a lot of things...even the vendors that normally have higher prices had jacked them up.
If you go looking for something, make sure you know what the going rate is. There are some deals but they were from people I hadn't seen before.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Just got home.

Crowded show. At around 11:30 some dude was unconscious and getting tended to by EMT. Hope he's okay.
icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

Big crowds, but the aisles were a little wider than at Hampton.

IMO, not much in the way of bargains, but that's the Obama Effect in action.

Saw Philip Van Cleave leaving as we were entering.

Met ProShooter.
icon_smile.gif

Overall not a bad show.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

DrMark wrote:
Just got home.

Crowded show. At around 11:30 some dude was unconscious and getting tended to by EMT. Hope he's okay.
icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

Big crowds, but the aisles were a little wider than at Hampton.

IMO, not much in the way of bargains, but that's the Obama Effect in action.

Saw Philip Van Cleave leaving as we were entering.

Met ProShooter.
icon_smile.gif

Overall not a bad show.
I missed Philip and talked to Proshooter after you had gone. Sorry I missed you!
There was a lot of pricejacking and the AR15's were going sky high!

It was an OBAMA Christmas show:lol: