• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pesky Constitution

Equinox

imported post

"Eugene Weekly purports to be a debunking of the gun rights lobby’s concerns about the incoming Obama Administration. The author, Rick Levin takes as his starting point a random, poorly written blog comment on Politico.com in which the the poster claims to be scared of Barack Obama and insists that the NRA is deterring an “open attack” on America’s heartland. "

http://www.oregoncommentator.com/2008/12/04/damn-that-pesky-constitution-eugene-weekly-edition/

KansasMustang

imported post

Reckon we could start with that big-eared fella they just elected and work our way down,,,me,,I'd like a chance to smack Pelosi,,,but ya know....

KansasMustang

imported post

The time is now near at hand, which must proabaly determine, whether Americans are to be Freemen, or Slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their Houses and Farms are to be pillaged and destroyed, and they consigned to a State of Wretchedness which no human efforts will Probably deliver them. The State of millions of unborn will now depend, under God, on the courage and conduct of this Army ( My insert, Meaning US)--- our cruel and unrelenting enemy leaves us no choice but a brave resistance or the most abject submission; this is all we can expect---We have therefore to resolve conquer or die: Our Own Country's Honor all call upon us for a vigorous and manly exertion, and if we all shamelessly fail, we shall become infamous to the whole world. Let us therfore rely on the Goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to Animate and encourage us to Noble Actions---The eyes of all our Countrymen are now upon us, and we shall have their blessings and praises, if happily we are the instruments of saving them from the Tyranny meditated against them. Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew thew whole world that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on Earth.

George Washington, General Order, July 2nd, 1776

Keep your powder dry