• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I wrote an email to Toys "R" Us and received a reply

david.ross

imported post

Email is below, which was also replied to another person besides me, manager perhaps.

Toys "R" Us corp probably regards the shooting as a freak incident. I do still go in to toy "R" us, yes to buy entertainment devices when I'm stuck bored with nothing to do. If I don't have my books or programming gear I'll go to sleep from boredom.

------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. David Ross:

Thank you for contacting Toys "R" Us. I would like to apologize for the delay in our response to your inquiry. We appreciate the time that you have taken out of your busy schedule to let us hear from you.

We, here at Toys "R" Us Corporate Guest Relations, are not aware of any new policies or any changes to our policies about firearms.

Thank you once again, Mr. Ross, for contacting Toys "R" Us. If you find that you will need any future assistance please contact us at 1-800-TOYSRUS.

Sincerely,

Cheyenne Bird
Corporate Guest Relations

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Dec 3, 2008 1:31:14 PM
Subject: Corporate Information

In regards to the black friday shooting at one of the toys r us stores, please do not allow the incident to affect corporate policy. I open carry my firearm everywhere I go in Alaska and Pennsylvania. I do like to enter toys r us stores, shop around, and usually buy nintendo games. I do this, all while my firearm is displayed openly. Nobody has ever said anything to me, they simply follow local laws, and sometimes have a conversation with me, which I encourage. Please don't allow the gang fight to dictate store policy, and I hope toys r us managers maintain a relationship with their loyal customers and follow rules which are in accordance to local law. Any agent of a toys r us store are welcomed to ask me to leave and I must, or face criminal trespass. Never had I had anyone do so in toys-r-us, I would leave if asked. To be honest, some people just have a fear of firearms, and if its an agent of the store, I respect their decision. Loyal shopper, David Ross Homer, Alaska ( I usually go to Anchorage and Pittsburgh for shopping)

David Ross

Orygunner

imported post

Well, that's nice you got such a prompt reply.

Interesting that they stated there were no changes to policy that they were aware of, but I wonder if there was a policy to begin with?

She didn't state you were in violation of any policy by OCing into their stores, but it would be an assumption that there was no policy.

Since you've started a conversation (of sorts), you should maybeEmail her back and ask:
You stated there were no changes to policy. Is there any current policy concerning customers carrying firearms? If so, what is it?

...Orygunner...

david.ross

imported post

You're right, I'm assuming they don't have a policy against customers. I just sent an email with the question you asked. I'll post a reply when I receive an email back.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Be careful of what you ask for or you may get it.

If you ask for a firearm policy, they may make one even if there is not one now and you may not like what they decide. Sometimes it is much better to let sleeping dogs lie and go on carrying as you were as you haven't had any problems.

david.ross

imported post

I received a reply to the policies set forth by Toys "R" Us stores. The current policies in relation to firearms are to comply with state laws.

I'm happy just knowing Toys "R" Us is a smart corporation who listens to their patrons.

Dear Mr. Ross:

Thank you for contacting Toys R Us regarding the recent tragedy in our store. Naturally, we want our guest's to be safe and feel confident while they are shopping. We adhere to the state law of whatever state a particular store is located in since the governing laws regarding gun control vary across the country. At this time I have not been notified that this will change though I can not guarantee that it won't in the future. I invite you to submit your concerns to our corporate head office for further attention.

Toys R Us
Attn: Gerald Storch (CEO)
1 Geoffrey Way
Wayne, NJ 07470

If you have any further questions or concerns please email us or contact our customer service line at 1-800-869-7787.

Sincerely,

Beverly McCann
Toys R Us Corporate Guest Relations Team

fizzer

imported post

Loyal shopper, David Ross Homer, Alaska ( I usually go to Anchorage and Pittsburgh for shopping)

I have to ask, Those 2 cities are thousands of miles apart, how do you shop at both?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

fizzer wrote:
Loyal shopper, David Ross Homer, Alaska ( I usually go to Anchorage and Pittsburgh for shopping)

I have to ask, Those 2 cities are thousands of miles apart, how do you shop at both?

Curvature of the earth and a tunnel with lots of stairs....

Great job on this David !!

david.ross

imported post

I'm going to stay in Pennsylvania for a month out of the year until I move there. I went last year and I'm going this year.

I love Pennsylvania. Maybe not everything in the state, but the Pittsburgh area is the center of various attractions(historic locations, geocaches, hiking trails, kayaking, etc) of the New England states which are reachable by vehicle.