• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maybe moving to NW Montana

ChadW

imported post

I may be moving to Columbia Falls, MT in the next few months. I am wondering about the culture of the area. Is it mainly a rural cowboy area or a liberal hideout for California hippes? I am realing just truying to get the lay of the land. I would be taking over as pastor at a local church. Any help is appreciated

manpurse

imported post

I suggest looking at a map and checking out the towns close to Columbia Falls. Towns like Hungry Horse and Corum are more in the mountains and very rural and not havens for liberal hippies although there are a few speckled about the area. Whitefish is a city to the west of C-Falls that is know as the Peoples Republic of Whitefish or has been called the next Aspen(Big Mountain aka Whitefish Mountain ski resort is located near), the uppity liberal people tend to stay there or in the city to the south of C-Falls on Flathead Lake called Bigfork. Kalispell is the biggest population wise. The whole area is growing pretty steadily but with the economy problems nationwide we are slowing down considerably. Construction seemed to be the industry that was keeping our local economy afloat but now many many many people are being layed off. Tourism is also big industry but we took a hit this year also. All in all here in the Flathead Valley we have a stong patriot and constitutional minded citizenry. For that reason we are much for of a target for those bent on destroying the sovereignty of our state.

You should come up for a visit to get a feel of the place.

MT GUNNY

imported post

Come on Over Bring yor 4X4, Your going to need it! I live in Kalispell just south of Columbia Falls. Whitefish Is the Hippy Sking Snowboarding Crowd. Every once in awhile you may run into a Obama Suporter.