• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Owners of Nevada

varminter22

imported post

Nice website with apparently good intentions/info.

But:

1. Who are you? There are no names, addresses, telephone numbers, etc. I have used the "contact page" and you did answer, except you wouldn't provide your name, number, etc as I requested.

2. What are you? A Nevada non profit corporation? A private enterprise? Or ?

3. You obviously have major heartburn with the NRA. You link only to "nrawol", a vehemently anti NRA website.

Although the NRA may have had it's problems in the past, and I don't always agree with everything they do, I'm not ready to disavow the NRA and throw my support to you - especially without more information.

You claim to be "Nevada's No Compromise Gun Lobby." That sounds good. But perhaps somewhat naive. No, I do NOT mean we should compromise away our rights. But "compromise" is not necessarily a bad thing when done properly. What 'no compromise" actions have you taken? What legislative issues have you worked/are working?

As a matter of fact, I have, and continue to work with the NRA's lobbyist for Nevada. And we have made progress!

It has taken scores to arrive at this juncture. If you think we will win back ALL 2nd Amendment rights overnight in one fell swoop, methinks you're sadly mistaken. As one solid pro gun legislator said, "We keep chipping away"to regain our rights.

I am NOT making any accusations towards GONV, or anything of the sort. But I think gun owners of Nevada deserve to know a lot more about GONV before venturing to support it.

wrightme

imported post

Seems to be from California...... :shock:

DomainID:D153152523-LROR
DomainName:GONV.ORG
CreatedOn:30-Jun-200802:50:23UTC
LastUpdatedOn:29-Aug-200803:49:03UTC
ExpirationDate:30-Jun-201002:50:23UTC
SponsoringRegistrar:MelbourneIT,Ltd.dbaInternetNamesWorldwide (R52-LROR)
RegistrantID:C121478289004873
RegistrantName:RobertJohnson
RegistrantOrganization:privateRegistrationUS
RegistrantStreet1:pOBox99800
RegistrantStreet2:
RegistrantStreet3:
RegistrantCity:EmeryVille
RegistrantState/Province:CA
RegistrantPostalCode:94662
RegistrantCountry:US
RegistrantPhone:+1.5105952002
RegistrantPhoneExt.:
RegistrantFAX:
RegistrantFAXExt.:
RegistrantEmail:=7b145210fd16f0307bae2d4d231ca52a]

Notice the "myprivateregistration.com" email. That is how you prevent whois lookup of the email address of the registrant. Deceptive if you ask me.

https://esos.state.nv.us/SOSService...ls.aspx?lx8nvq=fkamlLZ8OYGRV8H%2b9dJiYg%3d%3d

Only filed on 28AUG2008, and only two officers:
Robert Johnson as President AND Treasurer, and
Natalie Johnson as Secretary AND Director

varminter22

imported post

rjsilvers wrote:
Anybody in Vegas want to stop by 1350 E FLAMINGO STE 589? :lol:
Would love to. But I live in northern Nevada, nearly 400 miles from Las Vegas.

Who/What is located at that address???

GONV may (or may not) be a wonderful organization. I am NOT indicating anything else!

But one wonders why all the secrecy and lack of founders/executive info.

rjsilvers

imported post

varminter22 wrote:
rjsilvers wrote:
Anybody in Vegas want to stop by 1350 E FLAMINGO STE 589? :lol:
Would love to. But I live in northern Nevada, nearly 400 miles from Las Vegas.

Who/What is located at that address???

GONV may (or may not) be a wonderful organization. I am NOT indicating anything else!

But one wonders why all the secrecy and lack of founders/executive info.
Exactly. It would be great to have a great gun lobby in Nevada. But if you're asking for money from gun owners, shouldn't you be able to tell us what you're actually doing with that money? Or who we're giving it to?

It's just too easy to set up a website and scam money out of people under the guise of a good cause.

Vegassteve

imported post

I spoke to these guys at the gunshow today. And well lets say they left me with a odd felling. One fella said he was from Oregon and that this group was with some other state groups. They wanted to keep an eye on the NV leg so as they did not pass any new laws. They also said they were registered to lobby in NV. As far as I am concerned they offer nothing that Stillwater does not do better. And they seem kind of off as well.

JBURGII

imported post

Vegassteve wrote:
I spoke to these guys at the gunshow today. And well lets say they left me with a odd felling. One fella said he was from Oregon and that this group was with some other state groups. They wanted to keep an eye on the NV leg so as they did not pass any new laws. They also said they were registered to lobby in NV. As far as I am concerned they offer nothing that Stillwater does not do better. And they seem kind of off as well.
Do you have any further info on the Oregon link? Maybe my PI skills are lacking this evening but I can't seem to follow my own web searches tonite.. J

Vegassteve

imported post

JBURGII wrote:
Vegassteve wrote:
Do you have any further info on the Oregon link? Maybe my PI skills are lacking this evening but I can't seem to follow my own web searches tonite.. J

If you go to the website they have a links section which points to Oregons site.

libertariangirl

imported post

Great , that explains alot.
I am with the Nevada LP and I needed to get a speaker for our January meeting.
We were due for a gun-topic meeting so I looked around the web and GONV is the name I came up with .
I asked and someone responded , first name only and said yes . There was no contact info , not even a full name .
I have since emailed him about speaker bio-data so we can promote it and put it on our website .
I have gotten no response although its only been a week . I hope he writes back or im going to have to find a new speaker with very little time.
anyone know of any gun related speakers that would come to a LP meeting and speak for free?
We really are alot of fun!

Debra Dedmon
LPNevada Vice Chair
www.lpnevada.org

libertariangirl

imported post

Hey guys , earlier today as I was surfing the web I came across your forum. I saw the post about GONV and I decided to join.
I had recently contacted Robert to speak at our LP meeting and he did reply promtly.
I contacted him a second time for more information and he did in fact reply by voice mail , but I did not hear it.
So when I came across your thread , I did a terrible thing and jumped to a conclusion that A. What you guys are saying is true and B. that he must be blowing us off as well.
I feel really bad about assuming the worst and I feel bad about adding fuel to a rumor when I did not have all the facts.

Robert contacted me and was somewhat disappointed in my unprofessional conduct as am I . Ecspecially since GONV and the LP are natural allies..
Anyway he is graciously still appearing as the Clark County LP' speaker for January . Tuesday , January 6th at 7:30 pm located at Boomerangs at Vegas Drive and Rainbow.
The meeting is open and free to attend. www.lpnevada.org.

Again , my sincerest apologies Robert , you taught me a valuable lesson today .

Debra Dedmon

varminter22

imported post

Please note that no one was denigrating GONV. Some of us have concerns/questions and were merely asking for more info - and concerned that GONV's leadership appears to remain anonymous, which in my opinion raises a big red "caution" flag.

By the way, who is Robert? Last name? Title? Contact info?

Unlike you, I did not receive answers.

You're right. Pro Second Amendment people and groups must stick together. And that isn't as easy as it sounds!

I live nearly 400 miles from Vegas and, unfortunately, I won't be able to attend your meeting.

www.stillwaterfirearms.org

wrightme

imported post

libertariangirl wrote:
I did a terrible thing and jumped to a conclusion that
A. What you guys are saying is true
B. that he must be blowing us off as well.
I feel really bad about assuming the worst and I feel bad about adding fuel to a rumor when I did not have all the facts.

Robert contacted me and was somewhat disappointed in my unprofessional conduct as am I . Ecspecially since GONV and the LP are natural allies..
Anyway he is graciously still appearing as the Clark County LP' speaker for January . Tuesday , January 6th at 7:30 pm located at Boomerangs at Vegas Drive and Rainbow.
The meeting is open and free to attend. http://www.lpnevada.org.

Again , my sincerest apologies Robert , you taught me a valuable lesson today .

Debra Dedmon

What has anyone said that is untrue?

How were you in the least unprofessional?

AHA! I see that the GONV website now includes contact information for at least one person now:

Robert Johnson is the Executive Director of Gun Owners of Nevada.
His background includes:

Publishing and Media Relations
The United States Army
Department of Justice, United States Attorney’s office
‘Hill Rat’-- Washington DC.

It's A Right -- Not A Privilege

Well, not really contact information, but at least ONE GONV person lists a name and a bit of CV.

Gordie

imported post

What would probably help is if Robert Johnson would contact some of the organizations already operating and activein the State Legislature. This would help Nv. gun owners know if they should support GONv. We all appreciate any help that we can get, but he needs to realize that we have been working and making progress for quite a while before he came along. He shouldn't just assume that we will all run to him like a hero riding in to save the day. Talk to us, tell us who you are, who is with you, let us know what kind of person you are.

I am sure that many of us atSFA would be glad to hear from him. Come to a meeting, say "hello".It would appear that he is in the Las Vegas area by the address given.We all understand if it is a little far to drive, but at least drop a line or e-mail.

irish

imported post

The address listed is really close to UNLV, great Greek restaurant called Paymon's across the street :D. I don't make it to that area very often but if I do I'll swing by and check it out.