• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First OC Experience!!!

DJB.45ACP

imported post

I'm posting this in the Idaho forum, since that's where I finally openly carried my Ruger P90 full size .45.

Ok, my brother, in Utah OC's all the time - been on the news and all - so I've wanted to for a long while. I live in Texas, but visit family and friends all over the country.

I spent a couple of days in Salt Lake, but didn't have a holster for my weapon. So, I borrowed my dad's holster and OCed in the Meridian Sportsman's Warehouse...no issues whatsoever. After that, we went into a Boise Albertsons...again, no big deal. That was all for my first time, Wednesday the 3rd.

Today, we went shooting South of Boise, thanks to the directions provided by BrianEMT, after that, on the way back to Salt Lake, I OCed in a truck stop and Arby's at Mountain Home, ID and then again at a Maverick Store in Burley.

As I write this, I am excited to have a gun on my hip again, (I've had cwp's in two states - not Texas yet :(), and our trip is not over yet:celebrate. Next update will probably be in the Utah forum!