• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My First Negative Encounter with OC

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, it took 14 months of constantly Open Carrying in the Marysville area, but I finally had a negative encounter.

My wife and I went to a restarant that we have gone to many many times over the past couple years. I can say we would be recognized by practically everyone on their staff as regular customers. All the booths were full so we sat at one of the tables. After getting coffee poured on me by the bus boy, we placed our orders for dinner.

Some time went by and a person I recognized as the restaurant Manager was sitting in a booth across from us. She came over and told me I would have to take my gun out to the car, as guns were not allowed in the restuarant because they served alcohol. I pointed out to her that the rule she was quoting only applied to that portion of the premisis that was off limits to persons under the age of 21... specifically the bar. She then told me she didn't care what the law said, she didn't want guns in her restaurant and we would have to leave.

So... just as the meals arrived, we got up and left.

Since this person is the restarant manager, I am going to suggest that Don's Restaurant on 4th Street in Marysville be added to the DNP list. I will be writing them a letter, addressed to the OWNER instead of the Manager to see if they agree with her edict.

(BTW: I've been open carrying in this restarant for at least 14 months, sometimes several times a week. The service has been getting worse lately, and we were considering not going there anymore anyway.

Dave The Welder

imported post

I've noticed that restaurants are the worst for DNP. I wonder why managers feel more threated by armed people eating than by armed people buying lumber. Maybe they know something about the food that we don't...

bluer1

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
I've noticed that restaurants are the worst for DNP. I wonder why managers feel more threated by armed people eating than by armed people buying lumber. Maybe they know something about the food that we don't...
It's because "Crazy people" eat that "food" stuff, whereas "normal people" eat that "media bias and compassion for those who kill your families" stuff...

Dave The Welder

imported post

Of course, the response after being corrected is just a case of "It's my restaurant and I'll whine if I want to!"
Luckily was have our own theme song, "It's your restaurant and we'll Do Not Patronize if we want to!"

just_a_car

imported post

Per the first paragraph of the DNP post, this has qualified for Watch List status and will be placed on it post-haste. When you have written/emailed policy from the owner of the same policy, they'll get moved to the DNP List.

Gene Beasley

imported post

deanf wrote:
Where do they get this stuff?

I compiled all of the city and counties that have codes in violation of preemption. It’s available at NWCDL. These are the cities and one county that have codes on the books that exceed the language allowed when referring to alcohol being served.

• Auburn, 9.34.020
  • Brewster, 9.36.010
  • Burien, 9.50.210
  • Cathlamet, 9.20.010
  • Chelan, 9.18.040
  • Chelan County, 7.22.020
  • Connell, 9.28.020 & 9.28.040
  • Des Moines, 9.36.030
  • East Wenatchee, 9.20.040
  • Elma, 9.34.020
  • Ephrata, 9.22.010
  • Federal Way, 6-138
  • Issaquah, 9.10.040
  • Kirkland, 11.41.060
  • Kittitas, 9A.20.010 9A.20.020
  • Lakewood, 9.34.020
  • Langley, 9.04.050
  • Quincy, 9.13.020
  • Richland, 9.27.020
  • Sequim, 9.36.010
  • Soap Lake, 9.36.010 & 9.36.030
  • Sultan, 9.32.010
  • Sunnyside, 9.20.030
  • Tonasket, 9.24.010
  • West Richland, 9.36.012

Metal_Monkey

imported post

I use to go to Don's all the time. Been going there for years. Havn't been in id say about almost a year..until last week sometime. Their service was really bad, food was ok, and also they stopped serving Alcohol after 9:00pm...( I was not ocing and just wanted a beer after a long day). I doubt ill make another trip in there.

amlevin

imported post

Two things about Don's in Marysville:

First, I would have to be just about starving before I eat there again. There is less oil and grease in my truck than there is on their food. (Metal Monkey- Thecook can't screw up the beer and if you have enough beer THEN the food is not bad)

Second, if only the "Manager" really knew how many guns there are in the restaurant at any given time.

Derka

imported post

I compiled all of the city and counties that have codes in violation of preemption. It’s available at NWCDL. These are the cities and one county that have codes on the books that exceed the language allowed when referring to alcohol being served.

• Auburn, 9.34.020
I just read the Auburn code. Apparently you can't drink alcohol and have a steak at the same time, as a steak knife is a fixed blade and therefore a deadly weapon.

Edit: grammar

cynicist

imported post

These are the cities and one county that have codes on the books that exceed the language allowed when referring to alcohol being served....
  • Sunnyside, 9.20.030
This one is MINE!

I also am writing up one about the 'no guns in the park' law.

Some of the bars pat you down anyway...