• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cabelas have Federal .40 cal HST LE rounds

chad pf-9

imported post

I was shopping at cabelas in Gonzales(Mark's favorite city:DJK)last week,& ran across a couple of boxes that looked Exactly like Federal HST rounds for law enforcement.I just recently saw some at a gun show.the ONLY difference is the one's at cabelas have a brass case,& the ones in the "offical HST,for law enforcement use only"box,have a shiny silver case.But both rounds are 155gr,.40,with the HST bullet.

I went last night to get a couple of boxes,& now I see they have then in their sale paper.it says that they are surplus "LE"ammo.

From what I read,these are the best self defense round avalible right now.Just a heads up if anyone is interested in these rounds,& looking to save a little $.

sraacke

imported post

I just got back from Cabela's.Another member of this board, Soundman33, drove up from the New Orleans area to get in on the 4 hour sale they had this morning. He was also in the market for a Springfield XD .40 cal 3inch sub compact. It's something he can conceal carry when his CCW permit comes in sometime later this month or in early January.

After leaving Cabela's we had breakfast at the Highway 30 truckstop in St Gabriel. I open carried at Cabela's and the truckstop. Soundman waited until he got to my house to strap on his pistol.

Here's a shot of me with my Bersa Thunder .380 on my hip (as usual)...

steveoc120608.jpg
photo taken by Soundman33.

I also got a photo of Soundman33 standing on my porch with his new pistol on his hip....

timoc120608.jpg

Photo by Yale and posted with Soundman33's permission (he's sitting right here watching me type this and correcting my spelling mistakes).

I had no problems OCing at all. In customer though that I was a Cabela's employee when he saw me trying to pick out a holster. He saw my pistol and assumed that I was one of the gun counter guys. I directed him to a nearby employee who showed him where to find scope rings.

All in all a good morning. Gotta go. Soundman33 is my IT guy and we have software to install.

Stay Safe,

Yale

(and Soundman33)

LRS76251

imported post

If its XM40HB then its a USBP/ICE/CBP contract overrun. Its great ammo if you can find it outside of being issued by those named agencies. Federal made two versions of this ammo for USBP/ICE/CBP. One is the XM40HB I mentioned earlier which is the 155 grain version. The other version is XM40HA, which uses a 135 grain HST bullet. The HA version was designed to be used in the HK P2000sk which is issued to firearms instructors as well as a few other select personnel within USBP/ICE/CBP. Grab it while you can because you can't go wrong with HST and its a great round!!

sraacke

imported post

What got me was how much ammo prices have jumped. I havn't been to any gun shows or bought ammo in about a year or more. I was looking at prices for .223, 9mm and .380 and couldn't believe what I saw. Incredible. I'm glad I pretty much already have my battle packs stocked up.

chad pf-9

imported post

The prices are getting out of hand.I've been just trying to get a box here & there,mostly to replace what I shoot.

The 9mm,& .40 cal ammo has definately jumped up in price.I havn't priced any 7.62x39 lately(I got a case a few years back at a gun show for a real good price).Might go see what they have tomorrow?Before the prices really get outrageous.