• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in J-Ville

EyesNeverLie

imported post

Hey guys, new to the idea of OC but I'm really excited about it. I'm currently deployed, but I'm looking to return to the area in a few months. I'm hoping to have a new XDm .40 cal by the time I get back :lol:. I have been reading around the forum and it seems that the Jacksonville threads don't have many replies, what's the deal? Anybody carry in the area? And what were the experiences like? Any businesses or establishments I should stay away from? Thanks for any input!

Hope to run into some of you guys out there when I get back!

SPRINGFIELD_45_ACP

imported post

Hello I assume you are referring to the Jacksonville,NC area...We all from this area pray for your safe return.......Not many OPEN CARRY adventures to report in this area & another person to share some OPEN CARRY adventures would be great...When you return give me a shout & maybe we can show the city of JACKSONVILLE,NC that law abiding citizens can OPEN CARRY just like LEO's ....

EyesNeverLie

imported post

I most certainly was refering to the Jacksonville, NC area. I appreciate your thought, and would love to meet up and show them folks that they have rights too. It's looking like the April time frame that I will be back around. Hope a few people have some experience... I have to admit, I'm a little nervous about it since the few encounters with the JPD that I have heard about (non-gun related) have not been very "pro-military" shall we say. I can only imagine their response if they see a Marine wandering around with a pistol.

Mungo

imported post

EyesNeverLie wrote:
I can only imagine their [JPD] response if they see a Marine wandering around with a pistol.

Wow - if that doesn't hit you hard, nothing will. Citizen's rights have been eroded so far away, that someone even questions the response a Marine (someone trained to use a firearm) would get OC.

More people need to open carry and QUICK.

Good luck with coming home and with carrying around Jacksonville. My brother lives between Richlands and Jacksonville. I'm down there quite a bit.

SPRINGFIELD_45_ACP

imported post

Mungo wrote:
EyesNeverLie wrote:
I can only imagine their [JPD] response if they see a Marine wandering around with a pistol.

Wow - if that doesn't hit you hard, nothing will. Citizen's rights have been eroded so far away, that someone even questions the response a Marine (someone trained to use a firearm) would get OC.

More people need to open carry and QUICK.

Good luck with coming home and with carrying around Jacksonville. My brother lives between Richlands and Jacksonville. I'm down there quite a bit.
Well Mungo same here i live between Richlands & Jacksonville..Maybe one weekend you are in the area we can get together & take a trip to Jacksonville & see what happens next

jt1562000

imported post

I am stationed on Lejeune, and carry quite often. But I usually carry concealed here. I have open carried quite often while hunting and have had no problems. The fish cops dont have a problem with it, but I have a feeling JPD would. When I stop for gas, I get a lot of stares from the other people and I think it would be worse inside of buildings or stores. I am up for an open carry rally if we can get a few more people on board. From my experience, LEO's dont mess with a large group nearly as bad as they do with a couple people.

SPRINGFIELD_45_ACP

imported post

Finally some interest on a open carry rally for Jacksonville,NC ....A few more people on board is what we need to show that law abiding citizens can open carry with no intent to commit a crime.........Count me I am ready,,,willing & able.........

Kaliga

imported post

Hey everyone in Jacksonville area, I have not been on in a little bit. I am on post deployment leave, getting married Saturday. I am a Marine stationed in Jacksonville. I have a concealed carry permit. Last couple months started OC extensively. Been to Wal-Mart a few times, Lowes, gas stations, fast food joints, other grocery stores, have not had a single problem. I carry my Glock 30, 45. I am always dressed very nice which I am sure helps. But I haven't had any problems at all OC in Jacksonville yet. I'll be back in the area first of January, we all need to get together for an OC event. Looking forward to it. Talk to you all later. Bye

Joshua

SPRINGFIELD_45_ACP

imported post

EyesNeverLie,,,we are all looking forward your safe return in April....Kaliga congratulations on your up coming marriage...The door is always open to another CCP ..The only thing thats left to do is set a date that is good for all that want to participate....Next weekend DEC 13 or 14 either day is good for me:celebrate

no carry permit ?

imported post

jt1562000 wrote:
I am stationed on Lejeune, and carry quite often. But I usually carry concealed here. I have open carried quite often while hunting and have had no problems. The fish cops dont have a problem with it, but I have a feeling JPD would. When I stop for gas, I get a lot of stares from the other people and I think it would be worse inside of buildings or stores. I am up for an open carry rally if we can get a few more people on board. From my experience, LEO's dont mess with a large group nearly as bad as they do with a couple people.
We are planning a open carry dinner in Cary, NC this weekend and you are welcome. Perhaps we can organize a similar event in your neck of the woods. Jacksonville PD need to be desensitized to open carry. Too bad we can't just give them all 40 shots in the butt like when I was desensitized to bee stings, it would be easier.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

You guys don't have as much to worry about as you might think. I carry down in that area every other weekend and have never had any issues. Earlier last week I was down there shopping and open carried in a shoulder holster, lol. The only place I didn't bother carrying in is the mall, since they've got signs all over the place.

Any time ya'll want to meet up and hang out (the Cracker Barrel doesn't serve alcohol ;);)), let me know!

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

FBI Agent wrote:
New to the forum and finding very useful information here. I'm in for oc rally as well as a meet and greet
Umm...are you really an FBI Agent? lol

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

FBI Agent wrote:
No, I am actually and insurance agent. Farm Bureau Insurance is where FBI comes from.;)
:banghead:lol you should get a Farm Bureau Insurance badge :D

NoGlock4U

imported post

I was stationed at Lejeune and ventured around Jacksonville a lot, never really seen anyone open carry though... Well, hoping to visit again but would like to see some more OC stories from Jacksonville.