Thread: Serious question

Post imported post

Serious question for everyone here. How many people who post on this forum would fight rather than give up their guns if a gun ban/confiscation order was enacted? I'm really interested in finding out just how many would resist, and how many would quietly hand over their guns without so much as a protest that it violated your constitutional rights for them to be taken from them.
    Be honest in your answer please.

Post imported post

Resistancemay happen regardless of any gun confiscation laws...the economic crisis may drive crime up and people will want to have arms regardless of laws. Most gun owners, such as those on these forums, will not give up their guns, they understand the importance of the 2nd amendment all too well.

Post imported post

This is the quote to live by:

**NOTE** Sorry in advance for the language!

I will kill anyone who tries to take my guns. I will also kill the people that come to kill me after that. They will get such a bloody nose they will think twice at the next house. F*** 'em.

~James Yeager

Post imported post

What guns!?! ohhh........I have no guns..

Post imported post

Officer, I forgot to lock my door and somebody broke in and stole all my guns.................:P

Banned

Post imported post

This gets brought up on almost a weekly basis and is usually locked promptly.

As a general, sweeping question it's almost irrelevant. How people react will depend on the surrounding circumstances and reason for the confiscation.

Gentleman Ranker

Post imported post

I gave all mine to the poor. :quirky

More seriously, I have no idea why someone who was certain of what they'd do in that case would post that information, here or elsewhere.

Idle curiosity is best indulged with other topics. If it's not idle curiosity, just what is it?

regards,

GR

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Read the OP's oeuvre

Post imported post

Agreed with original op: It is human nature to make light of things we fear may happen and out of our direct control. I made light of it in just that sense. On a serious response; I cannot say until I am confronted with the issue. I can only guess I would resist as strongly as possible within the limits of the law.

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    I would resist as strongly as possible within the limits of the law.
    If this is a true statement, then I suppose you would have them bagged and tagged when the gun grabbers arrive. It will be the "LAW".
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

I suppose I would, should it happen. I'm too much old school I guess. I won't fight a "criminal" act by becoming a criminal. I am one who truly believes the population of this country won't let it happen. But if it does come to pass; a firearm is not the only weapon that can be used for self defense if needed. It is only one in a long list the liberals would have to eliminate... one at a time.....

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    I suppose I would, should it happen. I'm too much old school I guess. I won't fight a "criminal" act by becoming a criminal. I am one who truly believes the population of this country won't let it happen. But if it does come to pass; a firearm is not the only weapon that can be used for self defense if needed. It is only one in a long list the liberals would have to eliminate... one at a time.....
    Perhaps you would feel more at home in Australia. They did the same as you would.

www.jpfo.org

Read about the video "Innocents Betrayed"
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

I guess they will forcably take the ones they find, but when they find the last one, it'll be loaded and cocked, and at that point the last gun will probable be in the hands of a very scared and serious Carnivore so the Chicken @#$%s better send a private in on the front of the line or else they will be losing a General..

not to mention that I have several family members in Mo. State law enforcement, so hopefully I'll have a heads up well in advance..

Post imported post

Perhaps you would feel more at home in Australia. They did the same as you would.

No I would not be more comfortable there. I was merely putting in my .02 worth in a conversation which should be commented on carefully. On a public forum I reserve what actions I may or may not take in reality to myself. In this police state country; what you say WILL be used against you when needed. 'Nough said.