Thread: good place to shoot?

Post imported post

I'm going to Yuma for a few weeks, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me of a good place to shoot? Can I just go to an empty block of land and set up my own close range targets? haha
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Post imported post

Acutally, kind of, yes.

Ifyou drive out of town limits, and are in open country (ie: BLM land) go ahead and shoot, just do it away from the roadway and away from houses.

Post imported post

BLM land? what's that?

if a cop comes by am i in trouble though? i've seen videos on youtube of people just shooting in the desert...not like 1000yard targets but like 10 yards away...it would save the range fees and registration fees..that'd be great
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Adair shooting park has a ton of ranges and the only thing they ask is that you clean up after yourself. When are you planning on being in Yuma?

Post imported post

whiskaz_55 wrote:
    Adair shooting park has a ton of ranges and the only thing they ask is that you clean up after yourself. When are you planning on being in Yuma?
    end of january till first of march

Post imported post

hammer6 wrote:
    BLM land? what's that? ....
    BLM stands for Bureau of Land Management.

They manage most of the non-forested Federal land in the West.

There are minimal restrictions to shooting or carryingon BLM ground.

Post imported post

any idea where i could find those restrictions? i like my gun...

Post imported post

Post imported post

AZkopper wrote: awesome thanks

Centurion

Post imported post

In reference to the title of this thread... I am supprised that none have suggested the most important answer to "Where is a good place to shoot?"

Center of Presented mass is alway the best place to shoot!

:celebrate
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Post imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
    In reference to the title of this thread... I am supprised that none have suggested the most important answer to "Where is a good place to shoot?"

Center of Presented mass is alway the best place to shoot!

:celebrate

hahaha nice...