• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

good place to shoot?

hammer6

imported post

I'm going to Yuma for a few weeks, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me of a good place to shoot? Can I just go to an empty block of land and set up my own close range targets? haha

AZkopper

imported post

Acutally, kind of, yes.

Ifyou drive out of town limits, and are in open country (ie: BLM land) go ahead and shoot, just do it away from the roadway and away from houses.

hammer6

imported post

BLM land? what's that?

if a cop comes by am i in trouble though? i've seen videos on youtube of people just shooting in the desert...not like 1000yard targets but like 10 yards away...it would save the range fees and registration fees..that'd be great

dclabounty

imported post

Adair shooting park has a ton of ranges and the only thing they ask is that you clean up after yourself. When are you planning on being in Yuma?

hammer6

imported post

whiskaz_55 wrote:
Adair shooting park has a ton of ranges and the only thing they ask is that you clean up after yourself. When are you planning on being in Yuma?
end of january till first of march

hammer6

imported post

any idea where i could find those restrictions? i like my gun...

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

In reference to the title of this thread... I am supprised that none have suggested the most important answer to "Where is a good place to shoot?"

Center of Presented mass is alway the best place to shoot!

:celebrate:lol:

hammer6

imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
In reference to the title of this thread... I am supprised that none have suggested the most important answer to "Where is a good place to shoot?"

Center of Presented mass is alway the best place to shoot!

:celebrate:lol:

hahaha nice...