• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC carry in Grant county, eastern oregon

jerg_064

imported post

I'm in the USAF, stationed in Ga and come home on leave 2-3 times a year. From what i've read i should be able to carry on my side of the state with no problems, but i just wanted to hear if anybody had experience in grant county or clear over to the ID state border cause i fly into boise.

I live in the tiny @$$ town of long creek. Most people don't know where that is so it's 40 mi N of John day and 90 mi S of Pendleton. Also i'm only 20 still, on OCDO maps it says age to OC is 18, is this correct. Long creek is pretty much surrounded by Maulher national forest and i spent a lot of time in the woods and mountains, I'm guessing there is no reg on those land either? Or BLM and wilderness areas?

Its a shame oregon don't treat AD mil like georgia does, i have the same carry rights as LEOs down here on or off duty, one of the very few good things about this southeast state. a state without snow or mountains just isn't right.

neddis

imported post

Long creek!?!? I even know where that is! :) I can't speak for Grant County, but I have OCed ALL over Hermiston and some in Pendleton without incident. I don't see that Grant County would be much different. Someone I was talking to at the place I shoot was saying that when he was a kid, he OCed to his senior prom in Pilot Rock - nobody thought anything of it.

As to the OC at age 18, just read ORS Chapter 166. http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/166.html

jerg_064

imported post

neddis wrote:
Someone I was talking to at the place I shoot was saying that when he was a kid, he OCed to his senior prom in Pilot Rock - nobody thought anything of it.
Thats awesome, I never even thought of that, but i didn't start learning these things till i had an internet connect above 40k, in other until i left home and joined the mil.